2018 Accord interior rattles

josephdetor

If you look around the web, there are numerous reports of various rattling noises on the 2018 Accord interior. I've been persistent in isolating these and getting them fixed, so I hoped a summary here would help others who are having this issue.

I've found five separate causes of rattling or similar noises. They are:

• The overhead compartment/map light assembly. I was unable to resolve this myself, but the dealer packed it with foam (I think) and no problems since.

• The strut mounts. The dealer actually replaced the mounts on both front struts.

• Driver side mirror. This was whistling/buzzing while driving at highway speeds. The dealer replaced some part where the mirror attaches to the door. I believe there was a service bulletin for this.

• Interior panel. This noise was hard to isolate, it sounded like it was coming from inside the steering column. But in fact it was caused by a plastic panel on the lower center console area, just to the right of the gas pedal. The dealer again added foam tape inside the panel.

• Rear lid over trunk. You know, the plastic thing where the speakers are mounted. There is a service bulletin for this and again they added foam tape.

Archived