anti-theft engaged, crank, no start condition

Chris Hermansen

I will do my best to explain what was told to me concerning a no-start condition on a 2008 Civic Si. In an attempt to open the locked trunk mechanism from inside the vehicle (there is no external lock),something  shorted inside the the rear interior/trunk section, resulting in the green security icon flashing and the car cranking without starting. I need to know what my next diy step is, if any

Hi guys. Related situation to security lockout: Because there is no external access to the trunk, I must remove the rear seat , upper and lower, to find and utilise the cable?, levre?, to pop the lid from the inside. this is proving to be ridiculously more difficult than I could have imagined. I need to remove these rear upper seat backs. all bolts are out. They are hanging on two clips (?) that attach to two metal loops at the top of the seat backs. Please respond. Have been playing phone tag with "JUST DON'T ANSWER" for the last 24 hours. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Archived