2015 Honda Civic Coupe "Check Emissions System"

amstuart

Hi:

First time post. In August, 2015 I bought my daughter a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe. She is consistent about three clicks on the fuel cap after filling her tank. Home from college, I noticed while we were driving that the "Check Gas Cap" warning came on, followed by the "Check Emissions System". She had not fueled up in more than 2 weeks. I took her car into our local Miami Honda shop and after a diagnostic test over night, the service mechanic informed me that the only code found was "loose gas cap". I told him my daughter was religious about "three clicks". In any event, he suggested my daughter was mistaken and a loose cap caused the issue. Two days later, the "Check Gas Cap" light came on followed by the "Check Emissions System". There was no removal of the gas cap during this 2 day interval. I have read many threads on the Internet regarding this issue. It is easy enough to minimize the "Emissions" warning on the console, but how would we definitively solve this issue? Software glitch or otherwise, to whose attention should I bring this unresolved issue? She is back in college, so the Miami service shop is out.

Thank you.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived