slow acceleration

1994civicej1

I need help guys please... I bought a 94 civic ej1 with a d15b swap it ran like cap so far I have put a new distributor (last one was full of oil so no choice) and a cap and a rotor button with new plugs and wires. Plus a new oxygen sensor map sensor and throttle position sensor and water pump it has a new clutch in it so I didn't bother changing that I have timed it and retimed it I can't seem to figure out for the life of me when I put it in gear and go it is slow to take off and doesn't pull hard at all just sucks down the gas and idling it will backfire a little after about 20 seconds if anyone has had this problem please help me and no the cel doesn't work so I have no idea what I am working with here however everything I have put on it needed to be replaced but now I am just stuck and can't figure it out please help oh and I adjusted the valves to spec as well

You need to make sure you are running the right ECU for the swapped motor. I don't know what the proper one is for a d15b but it certainly will not be the stock ECU that the previous motor used.

Archived