coilovers

JLSturbo

I have decided to get coilovers for my ride and have been researching(getting opinions) about different kits. I still am not sure what I want. I know I do want a good ride.......but for cheap. Anybody know anything about ground control, tokico, or OBX. Teins are too expensive for me. Any suggestions?

of those 3 you listed, ground control works best with aftermarket shocks. without aftermarket shocks, your ride will not be smooth. in the future, it will squeek and will blow your shocks so you may as well buy aftermarket shocks now so they can handle the coilover and plus, so you can do the whole package all at once.

all of that will be close to true coilovers kits so you may as well just ride on what you have until you have enough money to do it right the 1st time. true coilovers are expensive but they're expensive for a reason. brands such as jic, tein, b+g are just to name a few. i'd save up money and do it right the 1st time. there are no good coilovers for cheap..

you obviously haven't riden on GCs then. GCs are very nice, but they will be harsh with stock struts just like any coilover sleeves. I personally have full neuspeed coilovers and the ride is great. I'll definately be getting some teins in the future, but right now, all my money is going to the engine.

Tein will do you just fine. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I got some cheap coilover sleeves and broke one, so I started looking for true coilovers. I couldn't spring the money for teins, so I got true neuspeed coilovers used from a friend. you won't find the neuspeeds anymore, but I'd go with teins either way.

you don't have to have a camber kit. I don't have one on my sol and it's pretty low, but I'm going to get a kit sometime soon. I'd go ahead and get a kit.

you don't have to have a camber kit. I don't have one on my sol and it's pretty low, but I'm going to get a kit sometime soon. I'd go ahead and get a kit.

most coilovers need a camber kit, i just got springs and my camber is fine

most coilovers need a camber kit, i just got springs and my camber is fine

you'll need a camber kit if you go with a 2" or lower drop. whether you use springs or coilovers to accomplish the drop has nothing to do with whether you'll need a camber kit or not.

you'll need a camber kit if you go with a 2" or lower drop. whether you use springs or coilovers to accomplish the drop has nothing to do with whether you'll need a camber kit or not.

on my h+r its 3inch in the front, 2inch drop in the rear, the front needs a camber kit, but the rear dosent look like i need to put any shims

Archived