'04 V6 Accord or '04 TL?

• 2 weeks later...

Dude...I thought there were lost posts, cause I could have sworn I had a couple posts in here. Then I realized, this was a cross post between the Accord forum and the L Series forum. HAHAHA...funny stuff. OH WELL...as I said in the other thread...TSX :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

The TL is available with a 6 speed and does 60 in 5.7 seconds the accord is automatic only (sedan) and is 60 in 7 seconds flat. The TL is MUCH nicer Overall and doesn't have a hideous rear end but if your going to get an automatic TL save your money and get an Accord.

The current RL is old Acura. Not really fair to compare the TSX and the RL. But I suppose it's inevitable right? We'll see how well the new RL will be. Already confirmed to be anything but FWD, it should be a contender in the mid-luxury market. The TL has moved significantly up the scale, so I'm expecting big things from the RL.

this is just my .02 but i really do not care if the RL is a fwd or rwd car...or awd? why would one "demand" the RL to be rwd?? are there people wanting to deck out a family, 4 door, luxury car to run the 1/4 mile in less than 10 sec or something? post-71-1031258558.gif

it'd be great if it was rwd or awd or whatever but if i had the money and like the RL, i will purchase it. i am not going to turn it down or speak negatively about the RL just b/c its not a rwd or a v8. besides if it ever comes out with a v8, expect the price to be more than 40+

Demand for the RL to be RWD, in fact most of the Acura line to be anything but FWD, is from the luxury market. People are just like that, if it ain't RWD and a V8, then it isn't real luxury. Fickle, indeed...but whatever there will always be status snobs and posers buying the hype.

wouldn't fwd be safer anyways? that way when grandma guns it on accident around a turn at an intersection or something she doesn't pull a 180 in the middle of the road. i don't know, i don't see what the big hype is with rwd and luxury. i guess they go hand in hand, but whatever...if you want a rwd luxury car, go buy a bmw.

I believe the concept of FWD being safer to drive holds some truth. Snow belt drivers will often attest to the fact that AWD>FWD>RWD. ANYHOW, most cars out of the factory are set to understeer since the common driver would be driving anywhere but the road in a RWD car.

I could never understand the link between RWD V8's and luxury...but heck, if that's the way it is...I guess that's the way it must be.

Archived