More than just three theaters

srajbir560

More than just three theaters

Watch Lee Daniels The Butler Online Variety caught up with the filmmaker after the debut of Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity debut at the Venice Film Festival last week, and when asked for his thoughts about the film the Titanic director gave it the highest praise we've heard thus far (which is significant given that the film received universal acclaim after its premiere). “I was stunned, absolutely floored,” Cameron said, mentioning that he had the chance to see the film four weeks prior to the showing at Venice. "“I think it’s the best space photography ever done, I think it’s the best space film ever done, and it’s the movie I’ve been hungry to see for an awful long time.”

Watch The Mortal Instruments City of Bones Online Not only does Cameron know a thing or two about space films, he is also all about cutting-edge movie making technology, and Gravity is chock full of that. In order to make the film the way he wanted to make it it - which, of course, would include many of his long, flowing single take shots - Cuaron needed to experiment with all kinds of new techniques and riggings. Cameron has also pushed these kinds of limits for his entire career, making movies like The Abyss and Terminator 2: Judgement Day in addition to Avatar and Aliens, so it's not really a surprise that he would take a particular shine towards Cuaron's latest work.

Watch Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters Online The big question, though, is whether or not audiences and history will agree with Cameron's opinion. After all, the genre of "space films" includes Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, a movie that is considered one of the greatest achievements in film history - even beyond its sci-fi label. As of now it's hard to say, as only audiences at the Venice and Telluride Film Festivals have actually seen the thing. That will change soon, as the movie will soon show at the Toronto International Film Festival and then open in theaters nationwide on October 4th.

Watch I Declare War Online The species was considered extinct for many years thanks to a labeling snafu. After 140 years of fraudulent extinction, in 1983, scientists rediscovered the ocellate mountain viper and the rest is history. Though scientists now know the snake exists, it’s still a rare breed. The Curator of Herpetology & Aquatics at the St. Louis Zoo, Jeff Ettling, recently told the local Fox station that the zoo is only one of handful in the United States that have holdings of the snakes. There are only three zoos in the United States that maintain that species and we have the largest number. There are a total of 28 of them in the country and we have 23 right here, which includes the nine new babies.”

Watch You're Next Online Thanks to premieres at both the Venice and Telluride Film Festivals, Alfonso Cuaron's new film Gravity has become one of the most buzzed about films set to be released this fall. We've been captivated by the movie since it released its first trailer all the way back in May, and have only gotten more excited thanks to some thrilling clips and footage shown at San Diego Comic-Con. Now a brand new UK trailer has been released and it's doing nothing to sedate our anticipation levels. Coming to us from iTunes Movie Trailers, this is the most coherent and fleshed out trailer we've seen yet for Man of Tai Chi, the martial arts-infused directorial debut from Keanu Reeves. Screenwriter Michael G. Cooney is best known for having written video games like Resident Evil 6 and Lost Planet 2, and the movie indeed looks like a cinematic version of fighting game. It's kind of like a novelization of a movie, only with Reeves saying things like, “Finish him!” and “We have a contender.”

Watch The Grandmaster Online I can easily forgive a half-baked plot if the film’s main attraction, the fight scenes, are on par with those seen in other films starring actors Tiger Hu Chen, Simon Yam and Iko Uwais. Chen was part of the stunt team behind The Matrix trilogy and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon; Yam starred in the action-packed Ip Man from 2008; and Uwais was in last year’s The Raid: Redemption. The last title in that list, directed by Gareth Evans, featured a simple plot heightened by amazing choreography, and it seems to have the most in common with Man of Tai Chi, which seems to be just as straightforward in its storytelling. I'm glad the trailer focuses on the story like the last trailer did, avoiding the non-mysteriousness of the teaser trailer.

In the film, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney star as astronauts who are fixing a satellite in space when disaster strikes. A field of space debris knocks them into space, and they must work together to try and survive. Watch the harrowing trailer below: This has been an unusually strong year for star-studded horror comedies, most notably Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant’s Hell Baby, Jacob Vaughn’s Bad Milo, and even Jonathan Levine’s Warm Bodies and Paul Middleditch’s Rapture-Palooza. Hollywood’s biggest and brightest are no longer so wary of starring in flicks that mix scares with the laughter. XYZ Films’ Life After Beth, the directorial debut from I Heart Huckabees co-writer Jeff Baena, is the latest star-studded sub-genre offering. And according to ScreenDaily, it has wrapped its Los Angeles production just in time for the producers to seek international distribution at the Toronto Film Festival, which begins this week. Sony Pictures Classics will be handling the film’s U.S. release, which means it might make it to more than just three theaters.

Archived