Singing along to the original series

anandseth0927

Singing along to the original series

Watch Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters Online One of the last times McFarlane updated us on this project he talked about having an Academy Award winner interested in taking the part, and it was soon after revealed that Jamie Foxx was that actor. And while McFarlane himself didn’t name any names, when asked about it, he said, “We’ve had some big names – like the one you’re mentioning – come into the office and go, ‘We want to be in it,” and he seems certain that they’ll “get it off the ground with some big names.” I’d still take Michael Jai White reprising the lead role, but that probably won’t happen.

Watch You're Next Online It would seem that Hollywood sees Chadwick Boseman as the go-to actor to play African-American icons. Just a few months after the actor scored positive marks for his performance as race-barrier breaking baseball player Jackie Robinson, the young actor has been cast as James Brown in the upcoming biopic about the Godfather of Soul, according to Variety.

Watch The Grandmaster Online Though the studio is keeping the film’s plot a secret, we know that they’ve hired Matt Lieberman for script duties. A quick trip to IMDb isn’t going to get you very excited, as the only produced credit that Lieberman is 2008’s direct-to-video sequel Dr. Doolittle: Tail to the Chief. He also wrote the script for Dimension’s planned Short Circuit reboot, which I realize doesn’t really help matters. He also wrote Disney’s upcoming Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride for director Peter Candeland, as well as Jared Hess’ The Pet, which will also be a Disney feature. He recently sold a spec script titled 12/24, which was bought by director Chris Columbus’ 1492 Pictures. So, we’re not quite sure how talented this guy is just yet, but at least he’s moved beyond direct-to-DVD sequels. Sort of.

Watch Despicable Me 2 Online In the last fifteen years, Scooby-Doo has been a part of over 20 direct-to-video features, starting with 1998’s Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (the most recent, Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, was released a little over two weeks ago). Another one is already in the works involving pro wrestlers. There have also been two more live action films, Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins and Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster, but both were obviously made for TV. Cartoon Network has produced and aired three different animated series, What’s New, Scooby-Doo?, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, which ended this past April. This last one is probably the second best animated series following the original Hanna Barbera series, as it’s a more serious affair with horror film homages included.

Join me in singing along to the original series’ theme song, which features the most hilarious pronunciation of the word “sliver” I’ve ever heard. Boseman has proven himself to be a talented actor, but I'm curious about his vocal range. Brown had a unique, instantly recognizable voice that would certainly be hard to emulate. It wouldn't be shocked if Taylor ultimately decides to dub Brown's singing over Boseman's performance, but I think we would all prefer to see the full performance.

Archived