transmission shift

madchris

I just bought a 2001 civic Lx and it was hit in the front. I just put a whole new front end on it from the fans up core support radiator hood fenders front bumper air conditioning alternator all brand new. I finely got it back on the road and my check engine light came on and then all the sudden I lost all gears the car was on cruise on the interstate. You can shut the car off and get gear again but doesn't last long before no gear again. Shut it off then back on and have gear again. I only have 50 miles on it since I put it back together so very pissed I even work at Honda and can't get answers. It has spit out a couple codes when I hooked it up one is p740 which is a torque converter issue I looked it up in the service manual. it said to clear the codes and try again. now I'm getting a p 1298 code. something to do with the eld. I have to much in the car now if I replace the transmission I will be upside down on this car. When the car dose shift it all sounds fine. Fluids are full and not burnt. Some please help were do I start do I really need a rebuild

Well got a electrical book on the car and did a lot of testing and we did find that eld smelled burnt when we pulled it but from what other people are saying online the engine has a miss when it is bad not transmission failure. So we are starting there but don't know that might just be another problem all together.

Archived