Changing sound system for 2011 honda accord ex-v6

Brianac3

Hey everyone, i am new on this site and looking around to find out what i need to change the sound system in my car. i cant seem to find a direct answer on what im looking for. I have a 2011 Honda Accord EX-V6, i got it about a year ago or so and im not really digging the sound system it comes with.. I have a few questions i would like answered, I will list them below.

1. Do i need to change my head unit in my car? Seems like it would be impossible to find another like it or something to fit it..

2. My car is a 160 watt system, if i wanted to make it louder would i need a more wattage amp? for example, if i got a 200 watt amp, what speakers would i need, speakers that are 200 watts capable or what?

3. Later on i would also like to get a sub, what do i need for a sub, can i just use the same amp that is used for my speakers? or is that a whole other separate system?

Archived