1997 Integra Ls swap transmission

Alcatrax

I have a 97 integra ls I got for 1k cash , really cheap its in great condition 155k miles, runs good, I was wondering if its worth making it a manual? I rsally like the car and want to make it fast, what would the cost be

Both very subjective questions.

#1 depends on how much a manual transmission is to your driving experience.

#2 depends on what's available and how strong the market is in your area or how much shipping your willing to pay, etc.

My short answer is sure go for it.

Responding with more information will not change my answer, but researching what it will take to make the swap and how much parts cost in your area will change your perception of my answer.

If I understood your meaning, no, a transmission swap isn't bad for the car. It is a relatively involved process with many steps and as such presents many opportunities to make mistakes, perhaps that's what the nay sayers are trying to say, but to an experienced mechanic (extra emphasis on EXPERIENCED) the swap is no more complicated than replacing a radio.

Archived