start up problems 1991 honda accord

Chris Martin

i have a 1991 honda accord that i got for a fairly good price but i have now run into several problems that i cant solve through the repair manual. i recently replaces the timing belt and the water pump, the thermostat and the distributor cap and rotor and the ignition coil. now my car wont start up it turns over but wont actually start. i have fixed the timing problem that i had before but now i it wont start. i think that it wont get spark but i checked all the wires and spark plugs with an amp meter and they all check out. need help bad please and thank you.

Just look over your work to make sure you reconnected everything.

You say you checked with a meter? What exactly were your results?

Aside from conductivity, checking for actual current is good. No meter needed, just have someone try to start the car while you have a spark plug out and near a ground.

Edited by James Matteu

thanks for the help James Matteu your advise helped out and ithink i found yet another piece that was fried in my distributer cap. it was the ICM ithink its called so know i have ordered that part and when i get it and put it in and there is still no spark what should i do then?

Well, there's lots of stuff to check. But replacing the Ignition Control Module and seeing what it does then will be the best course of action. If you like, try to start it with the cap off to be sure the timing belt is moving.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have done what i can i cant figure out why it wont spark and it wont start up i am just gonna take it to a auto shop cause all the money i have wasted on trying to fix it myself would have just been better on spending it at the auto shop...i have failed the car has beaten me....

• 2 weeks later...