My 95 EX wont stop!

Avin Chanderdat

Hi
I'm new to this forum and I have just bought a 1995 Accord. And I love it.
I was doing brake work, I replaced my front calipers, pads and flushed them, and the car was stopping alright (better than before), and now I did the rear ones and both the bleed bolts broke.

My car will now not stop because I "bled them" by taking out the bolt with the tube where all the fluid comes out and now my caliper is full of air according to my dad.

I went to the junk yard and got 2 calipers but my dad says "the cylinder is seized, same with the other one". These are the only calipers at the junkyard with non seized bleed valves.

I really don't want to spend more than $100, (new ones at Canadian Tire are around $300 for the pair).

Somebody please tell me what I should do?

you have two options, get the old broken bolts out by either an extraction tool or drilling them out and re tapping, or the more expensive route and replacing with new. depending on how comfortable you are with drilling and tapping bc that is the most likely way youre going to get them out you can just save the headache and get new or refurbished ones from any auto parts store.

Archived