97 honda accord under hood fuse box installation

Partyboi832

is it possible to install an engine fuse box? should i allow a tech to do it? If I can install myself, could someone provide me with instructions as well as images....im a visual person. I'm also a chick by the way. Thanks for all the support guys. If you know how to work on hondas really well and live in the houston area let me know....could use your help.

On your model, the Underhood Fuse/Relay Block is only held in with those three 10mm bolts you see: one in front, two on the firewall. Start by disconnecting the battery and then take a 10 minute break. Come back after 10, then remove those fasteners and pull the Fuse/Relay Block up to expose the connectors underneath. Remove those connections one at a time by depressing the small tabs you see on each. Then the Fuse/Relay Block can be removed from the car.

??// why the 10 minute break after unhooking the - side of battery,,??? i have owned my honda accord for 12 yrs since my mother passed and gave it to me,,never ,,ever put a wrench on it ,,but now is time to learn,,thanks

The Airbag is exactly the reason for the 10 minute break. You'll be opening the circuit to the airbag along with all other circuits tied in through the fuse box. The possibility of an accidental discharge of the airbag or a capacitor shorting something out is highest when making or breaking those connections under the fuse box.

Completely speculation but it would make sense from an engineering standpoint that the airbag system has a capacitive backup in the event that whatever kind of accident you get into the possibility of your electrical system malfunctioning during the actual impact wouldn't completely negate the systems ability to still function if needed.

Archived