and the 2003 Accord:

0 - 60 Time 1/4 Mile Time 1/4 Mile Speed Braking 60 - 0 mph

Honda Accord sedan EX - V6 3.0L (240 hp) 5A + ABS

6.84 sec 15.34 sec 95.70 mph 144 feet

Honda Accord sedan LX-G - I4 2.4L (160 hp) 5M + ABS

7.95 sec 16.23 sec 88.70 mph No data

Honda Accord sedan EX - I4 2.4L (160 hp) 5A + ABS

8.52 sec 16.65 sec 86.20 mph 143 feet

These numbers show the auto accord I4 as faster to 60 and quicker through the quarter then the manual TSX. I was thinking of getting a TSX but it looks like the accord V6 would be better choice since they're the same price. I know the TSX handles better but it looks like its lacking on the 0-60 time for being 200 hp. Does anyone have any different numbers for the TSX, the manuals curb weight is listed at 3230 versus the accord ex I4 manual at 3109. Could the extra 120 lbs. cause the TSX to be that slow?

my numbers are from msn at

TSX

Accord

• 2 weeks later...

Why couldn't you do that with the 4 cylinder accord, it's got a K24 and a hell of a lot cheaper. The point is this is a car with 40 more fwhp and a six speed and it's slower then the 4 cylinder accord with an automatic, why is that? Or does someone have better numbers for the TSX?

I'm going to be buying a TSX or a V6 accord in the spring and I really liked the TSX and it didn't feel that slow. Does anyone have road and track or motor trend numbers for it? I'd hate for my Durango to beat my TSX in the quarter. I want a quick sporty car but is the TSX either of those or would I be buying a slow european wannabe car?

How are you going to lose weight with it, it only weighs a hundred pounds more then the accord. I guess you could put a lighter weight exhaust and body kit on, but have you ever felt the doors, they close like a mercedes. Nice doors but if I have to gut the car to make it semi respectable on the street, whats the point in buying a sports sedan? Might as well throw in anther 4 to 6k and get a G35. I guess what I really want to know is why they hell it's so slow?

Exhaust is one way. A body kit will just add weight. No need to gut the doors. Just have carbon fiber doors made, as well as a trunk. There are tons of ways to lighten a car without replacing body parts. You can even have it look like it just came from the showroom.

But that's going to cost a small fortune, carbon fiber doors fabricated? You've got to be kidding me, I just need to know if the TSX numbers are correct or are they going to break into the 15s in the quarter stock? If they aren't in the 15s stock, I'm going with the AWD G35 sedan that was just released.

Can someone provide me with quarter mile times of a stock TSX 6 speed?

You know, I would go for a G35. But leave it to Nissan to design such crappy interiors. All their cars have this cheap looking interior accented with amber lights!? That's a pretty big deal breaker for me.

Like I said, I just want a sports sedan, up until I saw the numbers on MSN auto for the TSX, I thought'd they be pretty quick. I test drove one, it didn't feel slow, that's why i'm wondering if the numbers I have are wrong.

As for the G35, i liked it before but it was only rear wheel drive and I need a front or an awd car because I live in MD, now that they have an awd version out that starts under 32k, it's looking more and more tempting. Plus it's a nissan skyline rebagged for the us market.

All in all, I loved the TSX (except for the stereo, going to be a pain to replace), but I'm wondering if it's not quick enough. I just wanted to get others thoughts on the TSX.

Automobile Magazine has gotten a 0-60 in 8.1 secs. and a 1/4 mile in 16.1 secs. in a 6-speed manual. C&D, who tends to push their cars, got a decent 7.5 secs in the 0-60.

Going back to the Automobile comparo, if you look at 30-70mph times, TSX did it in 8.6 secs. The IS300 it was compared to pulled that off in 8.8 and the M6 came up with 9.6 secs.

TSX power lies between 2nd and 3rd gear. If you get it at a good launch you'll be able to pull 15s in the 1/4...which some owners have done already.

ANYHOW, the TSX's strong suite isn't it's acceleration. It's more of a mountain driver. Which is what it is marketed as. "Sports Sedan" isn't just about straight line performance.

I'll vouch for the I4 Accord its a great car for the money thats why I got it. It handles really well and has enough balls to stomp most of the competition. I really wanted the V6 with the six speed but I couldn't justify spending an extra 4-6k. The TSX is a good looking car but I wouldn't go for a sedan again - but thats my opinion. Anyway if I find a TSX out on the road I will take it on and let you know for sure.

Yeah, not too interested in a bimmer, where I live it seems the only people that drive them are stuck up bastards. Plus the old 5's don't look good without the sport package with the deep dish rims. Not sure what the new ones come with, haven't looked at them. If I were going to buy german, it would be e class or passat w8. I like the TSX cause I can keep the payments low and have plenty of money for mods :).

Thanks for the numbers, it's nice knowing that their hitting the high 15's stock, that way when my girls driving it, she can keep up with my durango.

• 1 month later...

Get the G35 They come with 6 speeds in both sedan and coupe form now and the sedan still pulls coupe like numbers.60 in under 6 seconds. much faster then any bimmer 325 or 330(without the performance package) and TSX.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I've seen times of 7.0 and 7.2s for the TSX 6MT's 0-60. You have to disable VSA, though.

Replacing the crapty stock tires for something with grip will go a long way. IME (with my 5AT), the stockers just spin and squeal if you floor it.

My first weight mod is going to be Velox PG-5S 17.0x7.0 12.2 lb rims (down from 21 lb stock), but you could do the same for an Accord anyway.

• 3 years later...
TSX = heavy

Lose some weight throug a diet and custom body parts and you'll be fine.

So I'm all about replacing body panels with carbon fiber replacements. I mean heck, I have all the perfect positive mold models bolted to my car, the rest is just a matter of process, right? I've laid carbon fiber before for a student motorsport project, so why not, eh? =)

Other than that, how else can I shave weight off my '04 TSX and tighten up for, say, autocrossing and maybe an occasional road course?

Thanks in advance.

Archived