Water Pump

Jeff405

I have a 92' Accord and I'm about to put on a new water pump. I was wondering what else should I change while I'm doing that, I was thinking maybe the timing belt. Any suggestions? huh

Thanks for the advise guys. I plan on getting a different valve cover later, I don't know if I should get a red one or a chrome one. Check out my website and let me know what color you think would look best.

It is recommended to have the timing and balancer belts, tensioner and balancer adjusters ( or pulleys). Optional is to replace valve cover gasket, grommets and spark plug gaskets depending on their condition. You would save some time and money (if you won't be doing it yourself) by doing this at one time because it would take the same amount of time and effort to replace any of the recommended parts should any one of them need to be replaced in the near future. Clean and keep the replaced parts for your spare if they are still in good condition. Genuine Honda parts have high quality and they often outlive the recommended PM schedule. My water pump and pulleys are still good when I had them replaced that I kept them as spares.

By the way, thanks for the advice on the engine mount! I found out that the engine mount (front) was split in two. Casual visual checking will not lead you to find it out until you pry open the rubberized side cover.

It's silly to ask, but what if one replaces just the timing and balancer belts on the first round? I was thinking of leaving the water pump, tensioner, and valve cover gasket for the second timing belt change period. Has anyone tried this or is this too risky for even Honda's original parts?

Kalki.

I replaced the water pump, timing belt, balancer belt, and oil seals that were bad. I wanted to do everything I could while I was going into the motor like that cuz it ain't fun. But everything is working fine now no water leak, and no more oil leak. :D

Archived