oil soaked spark plugs

i have a 1988 honda civic dx hatch that wont turnover. it tries to but wont start. i pulled all 4 spark plugs to see if there was a problem there and all 4 were oil soaked. can anyone help me out with this? what could be the problem and why is there oil covering all of the plugs?

• 4 weeks later...

idk if im right but i had a problem just like this for my 91 accord with a f22 i pulled the plugs knowing where then went. then i got a full head gasket kits, which came with new grumets for my plugs, it was simple to do this kit a little oil and some wrenches and about 2 hours. after i did the kit i leaked no oil and i stopped getting oily pistons. you should look into it. what type engine you got? i ask a couple friends see what they say

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Take the plugs out clean them with brake clean pull the valve cover off and seal the spark plug gaskets with hightemp rtv silicone and ull be good to go. Just had this happen the other day and this is just a quick fix to get it running. Untill u replace the valve cover gaskets

Take the plugs out clean them with brake clean pull the valve cover off and seal the spark plug gaskets with hightemp rtv silicone and ull be good to go. Just had this happen the other day and this is just a quick fix to get it running. Untill u replace the valve cover gaskets

Archived