head gasket

95-del-sol

I know theres quite a bit of head gasket topics, i just don't want to reply to old threads. last night white smoke/steam started pouring out from under the hood and it started idling a bit rough. i parked the car for the night and today i went out under the hood and coolant was low so i put some water in it, checked for leaks, didn't see any so i went for a test drive. everything seemed just fine, no smoke, didn't overheat and idle was perfect, but as i sat at a red light i noticed smoke/steam coming out of the hood again. pulled over checked under the hood and coolan/water was bubling out of the top of the reservoir with some more white smoke.nothing comes out of the tail pipe. so i'm here asking if there is a way i can be sure of the problem. blown head gasket, bad thermostat or, pressure cap. by the way i did check the hose conditions.

all i can tell you is that when my car was still running towards the end it was bubbling water out of the radiator and reservoir, heat didnt work, and it only lasted on the roads maybe 10-15 minutes before it got to hot to run. it ended up my head gasket was blown and i cracked my head cracked.

also, do you know where i can find instructions on replacing the head gasket. i've been looking all over and can't find anything, i did the other day but can't find it again. i just want instructions so i don't screw anything up.

very long story that involves shady mechanics and bad luck. if my all data still worked i would provide a list, but im sure there are some right ups on some forums if not here. after class ill see if i can bring up some of the research i had saved if someone else hasnt come up with anything better lol

Archived