94' Accord will not start (at all) I get my lights and accessories

Burton13'z

So I got a 94' accord that wont start at all. I turn the key and nothing. I get all my accessories and lights but not crank/turn over. I bought the car with a dead battery...replaced it...3 months ago. It would start when it felt like it. 1 day turned the key to hear nothing but clicking. so I replaced the starter. No fix. I had a diagnostic done on it and the mech said I wasnt getting any power to my starter solinoid. So i replaced the ignition switch (as some said was the problem) and nothing. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with this car? Any info would be appreciated I'm tired of pop starting this f***ing car.

if you paid for a diagnostic, they should have actually diagnosed what needs to be fixed. maybe the mechanics in my area are just really good, but they always give an answer, and haven't been wrong yet.

my suspicion is the alternator. if you bought the car with a dead battery, that may be why. a bad alternator will drain the battery if it is not charging it properly, and a poorly charged battery is likely not to send enough power to the starter to crank the engine. this could be the constant between the previous owner and you that 1) explains why the previous owner's battery went bad and 2) why it appears the battery you put in has been intermittent and now isn't sufficient at all. auto parts stores should be able to test the battery and alternator for free, but apparently the tricky part is getting to the parts store.

my $0.02. suggestions are really only suggestions...and that mechanic should have given you an answer. don't pay $$ for someone to tell you, "well, gee, looks like power isn't getting to your starter." that's what forums are for, occasionally professional, mostly un-professional suggestions :wink2:

Try the alternator like they said. If nothing try this trick that info to my 94 accord. Turn the ignitiom to the on position and make sure your car is in park (automatic) or nuetral (manual) cuz if ntnit will jump! Get a wire and put one side in the positive on the battery and the other end to the positive on the starter. It's should crank right up. I do it everyday cuz I don't have a manual ecu I have the automatic computer.

but if the alternater was bad it wouldnt star when I pop start it right? I mean it runs fine once its started and the battery has planty of charge on it? i havent tried your little trick yet but I will later....when u say the positive on the starter do you mean where the positive battery cable hooks onto the starter? this problem has me stumped. could it be any thing else? and as far as the mechanics around here...they dont do to much as far as diagnostics....alot of them are home mech and just figure shit out on there own....hints y this town has so many cars for sale....noone can figure out whats wrong with there cars if they put it in the shop...lol

Idk I was just trying to give a option to get it to start if the alternator doesn't do the trick. But yeah its the one on the side. The smaller one of the too! I have a switch that connects to it that under the steering wheel dash so I don't have to use the wire.

yeah i have clutch issues to...its starting to shift really loose like.....(i got a 5 speed) and my tranny leaks a lil so ima just replace the tranny with a junked 1 outta the scrap yard...test it for leaks first then just throw a new clutch kit in it with a new flywheel and everything.

Archived