Fuel Filter on 2000 Accord 4 Cyl.

kalki

I want to replace the fuel filter on the 4 cyl. Accord 2000. It already has over 95K on it. I called couple of dealers to find-out the cost of the fuel filter. The prices ranged from $52 to $67 each! Not only that, there is no after market fuel filter available at any auto parts store. Is Honda trying to make money out of fuel filters?

To make matters worse, they stated that the fuel filter is sitting in the fuel tank. Only one dealer said it's outside the tank. Just to find-out who is correct, I visited couple of auto parts store to get the Hanes manual for 2000 Accord, but no one had it. Before I buy this expensive filter, has anyone done a fuel filter job that is sitting in the fuel tank? Do I need to bring down the fuel tank?

Kalki.

That price range isn't that bad for a fuel filter. There are aftermarket fuel screens for a 2000 Accord, check the catalogs on speedycarparts.com. I don't know the model of your car and if it's a V6. You have to know that if your getting parts from a dealer or getting your vehicle maintained at a dealership that they are going to charge an arm and a leg. That's the way it is, that's the way it will always be. Honda Dealerships have licensed mechanics so that gives Honda a license to rob people like you and me.

The filter for a 2000 Accord is a "in-tank" filter. Trust, if your complaining about a fuel filter being expensive think about what labor would cost. You just might reconsider even getting it changed.

Do not take your car to the dealer that said the fuel filter is outside the tank.

Thanks! After going to that website, I now understand that there is no real fuel filter connected to a fuel line under the hood; it's just a fuel screen in the fuel tank.

Well, now that leaves me with one option to try getting the old screen out from the tank before I even buy the filter kit.

Kalki.

Archived