Installing a 38385-S5A-A keyless entry to a 2003 LX

nothingxs

I've got a 38385-S5A-A (OEM keyless entry) unit that I want to install into a Civic 2003 LX 4-door. The problem that I'm having right now is that I can't seem to find the harness that I'd require anywhere.

Can anyone either direct me to where I might be able to purchase the harness, or instructions on how to do the wiring by hand? I notice that the harness seems to bring its own fuses, and so far the first couple of junkyards... no luck. I am handy enough to make something myself too, so!

Any help would be much appreciated -- thanks!

Source a connector and fabricate your own harness. You'll need the wiring diagram for that car, the one in the Honda Electrical Troubleshooting Manual distributed by Helms Inc.

Honda uses the same connectors in many of their cars of a particular vintage. Expand your junkyard search to Acura models of similar year.

I made my own harness since I bought a 1997 CRV kit for my 1997 Honda Accord (same "brain" box, different harness): I ended up using the green plug that goes into the Gauge Cluster and a few of those blue 20-pin "hub" connectors.

Archived