Worst day for my Civic... ever!

viy1

Hi I'm Dev and new to this forum.

I went for an oil change at my local Honda dealership today. They told me that they gave my car a "complimentary car wash". I was not happy because I don't like when they do things to my car without permission. I figured they didn't do any damage but.... I was wrong. We were walking back to my car and IMMEDIATELY noticed unsightly streak marks ALL over my car. I thought it was just residue so I left the dealership without worrying. It wasn;t until arriving home when I realized that these marks were permanent. What am I supposed to do? I didn't ask for this service and they didn't tell me they did it until after. It looks so bad and my car was near perfect after all these years until this happened. What are my rights? What can I even do? I'm distraught over this because I had no control and absolutely no way of knowing this would happen. I basically paid them to ruin my car. Can swirl marks even be removed? I'm so upset and this seems like the only community of people that would understand.

Thank you

It's barely detectable in shady weather.... or even in partly sunny areas. It looks like total crap in direct sunlight. It's truly upsetting but my husband keeps acting like he doesn't see it. That makes me worried that I will hear the same BS from Honda. My biggest questions are:

1) Will it solve anything to tell Honda about this?

2) Would I even want Honda to fix something like this.. even for free? Their idea of a "complimentary wash" was pretty pathetic for a dealership.

3) How does one fix something that seems to dreadfully permanent?

• 2 weeks later...

I would have NEVER even drove away. You should have thrown the biggest bitch fit. Just because its free doesn't mean they can do a crappy job and do damage to your car which you paid a lot of money for and expect to keep in good condition. You may have a hard time proving it was their fault now that u left but I would definitely say something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Dev and new to this forum.

I went for an oil change at my local Honda dealership today. They told me that they gave my car a "complimentary car wash". I was not happy because I don't like when they do things to my car without permission. I figured they didn't do any damage but.... I was wrong. We were walking back to my car and IMMEDIATELY noticed unsightly streak marks ALL over my car. I thought it was just residue so I left the dealership without worrying. It wasn;t until arriving home when I realized that these marks were permanent. What am I supposed to do? I didn't ask for this service and they didn't tell me they did it until after. It looks so bad and my car was near perfect after all these years until this happened. What are my rights? What can I even do? I'm distraught over this because I had no control and absolutely no way of knowing this would happen. I basically paid them to ruin my car. Can swirl marks even be removed? I'm so upset and this seems like the only community of people that would understand.

Thank you

If they don't fix it or don't believe you, then a good detailing place could take care of most if not all the scratches. A good wax job will do the trick.

Archived