Fuel pump relay problem

flyswatter888

I have a 1990 Civic DX hatchback with a D16y7. P06 ECU with MPFI and OBD1. I bought this car 3 weeks ago with everything already done to it, and it is an electrical nightmare. The guy before me tried to do a wire tuck and just did a real sloppy job. So, my problem is my fuel pump is not priming with the key in the second position, and it will not start. When it first would not start, I pulled back seats off and checked power to the fuel pump and it was not getting power. I jumped 12v to fuel pump lead and the pump spun. I changed the relay and the car ran....for 18 hours. Then the exact same thing happened. This time a new relay did not fix the problem. I decided to change my fuel pump, and like I figured, same exact problem. I did a continuity check on my relays and they are good, even the first one. I am getting all the power i am supposed to to the relay, but IGP1 and IGP2 are not getting power. The only fuse I have blown is for my left headlight. I doubt that my HID could be causing this, even though it did blow the same day this poblem started, should just be horrible timing. I have no clue what to do from here. Please if you have any suggestions or ideas let me know. Thanks and sorry for the novel.

Make sure the previous owner didn't eliminate the grounds in trying to tuck wires. Look for shorts on those signal lines as well as the ECU to PGM-Fi Main Relay. Another test I like is to use long jumpers to make the proper connections and see if the fuel system operates.

Make sure the previous owner didn't eliminate the grounds in trying to tuck wires. Look for shorts on those signal lines as well as the ECU to PGM-Fi Main Relay. Another test I like is to use long jumpers to make the proper connections and see if the fuel system operates.

Where would I look for grounds? I also don't really knwo where the wires are supposed to go, so I can't use long jumpers. All my wires are connected with butt connectors and they change colors every 12 inches so it's a bitch to follow any wire.

Archived