89 Honda crx engine light problem. Any help?

ef89jd

Last night my crx engine light went on but nothing happened to the car its running fine no issues what so ever. Can anyone give me any advise on how to fix this problem before something does happen.

Last night my crx engine light went on but nothing happened to the car its running fine no issues what so ever. Can anyone give me any advise on how to fix this problem before something does happen.

which light?

I'm betting it's your oxygen sensor dying (most common fault).

Count the flashes through little window on ECU under passenger footwell with engine running.

My money's on a repeating single red flash (i.e. "bad O2 sensor).

If it is you are wasting gas and possibly fouling plugs if left unaddressed.

Also you can get codes on line. Print the codes and keep copy in glove box.

Ok my check engine light is still going on when I drive for more than 15 minutes. when it goes on it feels like I down shifted but not as dramatic just a slight surge. I cleaned out the egr valve with intake cleaner and a wire brush. I also changed out the hose that hooks up to the valve and even noticed a strong gas smell coming from the fuel door the cap is on tight but it still seeps out. My ecu does flash a red light with a pattern of 12 blinks pause 1 blink and repeats again besides that I'm getting poor gas mileage :cry: what should i do?

The EGR might just be defective or you need to do a better job of cleaning it. After your cleaning gig did you reset the computer to clear the code?

12- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude

85-98 86-98 * n/a 85-91 * n/a 95-98 85-98

EGR Lift Sensor (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)

defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

* not a valid code if car is not equipped with an EGR valve (some Civic models are not)

Absolutely I have to be a smart ass. Now you know how to reset your ecu and you figured out how to clean and troubleshoot your EGR problems. $150 down the drain sucks, it's too bad it wasn't just a dirty EGR and that it was defective but at least the car is running fine now.

Archived