How often to change transmission oil

Revemoto

How often do I have to change my transmission oil on an automatic 2001 Honda Accord? I have gotten mix reviews and I just recently replaced my transmission. A mechanic said don't change out the fluid because the deposit left by the gears help the transmission and another mechanic said every 10,000 miles which one is true?

Thanks,

Rolando

http://www.Revemoto.com

Ready to Install Painted Auto Body Parts

It's a sealed, maintenance free transmission. You only mess with it when you have a problem. Really. Take notice that there is no dip-stick. The fill and drain openings have one time use crush-washers on them. You are only supposed to open it when the transmission is having a problem. That being said, some people would opt to have a preventative trans service every 100k or so miles. On almost all Honda's this involves drain, refill, drive 5-10 miles and repeat two or three additional times depending on how bad the original fluid looked. You never 'flush' a Honda transmission.

Archived