Project del sol... Advice, help me deside..

Delsole

Ok first off ive done alot of searching on the net for del sol tips and get alot of mixed ideas... Im sorry if this topic has been covered before and it probably has... but here goes...

Tomorrow i plan on taking a 2hr trip to buy a honda del sol from 1993 with the intention on putting larger obviously more powerful engine under the hood.. All im looking for is some tips on what would make a fantastic car...

The car must be a daily driver, super fast and later will be turbo'd. (id like to do all engine mods to make it turbo ready before the install).

My budget for the whole thing is 10k. The car tomorrow is a 93 del sol for $3000 supposedly in FANTASTIC condition with new white paint (original color was white also). so already im down to under 7 by the time i pay tax tag and title.

The car is manual so i dont need to fabricate a clutch pedal or linkages.

What i hope to achieve here is rock solid advice which ill follow and upload pictures weekly.

One major thing i like is the high revving engines that to way up there like a sports bike..

So whats good?

Well with the overwhelming feedback and suggestions on which direction to go ive decided on a k20z1 engine with the six speed manual lsd transmission.

Ive purchased a 1995 Honda del sol from a old lady that was unmolested. The

car

had a whopping 75k on the clock and comes with a full service history.

I found a k20z1 engine swap on craigslist thats clean and perfect compression.

Total so far.. $7000

It's a quiet forum sometimes. Don't take offense.

The issue is that only 1 out of every 100 people that come through here saying they want to do what you said you wanted to do actually do it. It's not that the issue is repeated it's that people get tired of wasting their breath on someone that really just wants an eBay air filter and a set of subs and is dreaming vastly beyond their price and ability range.

Is the engine legit with vin numbers? Ideally you should get a photocopy of the title for reference.

maybe ill hit up the air filter and subs a little later on.. :)

I know there is alot of people who talk about there amazing pretend projects online. I hope im not one of them. Guess we will see how far i get on my budget.

So far i have the cleanest del sol ive ever seen, 75k like i said. The car is a automatic and completely untouched. I feel like i shouldnt be ripping it apart... It even has the original honda tape deck. The engine runs so nice i dont think it ever went over 70mph...

Engine has arrived, came on a pallet today.. Tomorrow ill start breaking it down, find a garage that can bath it/hone it. Then rebuild. Im going to have to go for stock parts as $1200 dollar piston sets and $800 Clutch kits will bankrupt me..

pics didnt work for me..

Engine has arrived, came on a pallet today.. Tomorrow ill start breaking it down, find a garage that can bath it/hone it. Then rebuild. Im going to have to go for stock parts as $1200 dollar piston sets and $800 Clutch kits will bankrupt me..

do it right or dont do it.. you have to pay to play.. where are you finding pistons for $1200?! my weisco 9:1 CR pistons cost me $600.. maybe youre looking in the wrong places

• 1 month later...

if you wanna make it "super fast" its going to take more than 10 grand total. Good luck finding one in fantastic condition for 3k. 3k u could find one with some rust. and around 130k mileage..

I got one with full service history. Mint condition 75k on clock. not a patch of rust. Underneath looks new. One owner.

Archived