ABS light came on 20 mins after I smacked the front in a dip in road

Jerzystylz

My 97 accord EX is lowered but I usually dont have any clearance or scraping issues...but there was a portion of highway that was gettin reworked...and I hit a "dip" in the road at about 60MPH....hit it pretty hard... then about 20 minutes later the ABS light comes on. Now whenever I start the car...after about 1 - 3 minutes of driving the ABS light would come back on..... any Ideas on where I should start to look?

FYI....never had any ABS light issues ever before with the car....not the first owner thought..but have had it for a few years

You don't need an HDS scanner to read the codes. Your car should still have a two pin service conntector under the glove compartment that you jumper and turn the key to the on position and then count the flashes on the ABS indicator light. ie. eight long blinks followed by two fast blinks means code 8-2. if there is another code(s) they will follow. Once all the codes have been shown they will repeat.

Archived