Oil sump for engine F20B6

dandreye

Hi All,

Where can I find a reasonably priced oil sump for engine F20B6? (new or used in very good condition) It should be Honda part #11200-PDA-E00.

This is for my 1999 Honda Accord 2.0i with the oil sump that rusted beyond the possibility of repair and has started leaking oil.

Many thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

Both of these look like mine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130340046070

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-Oil-Pan-264-406-/300765462548

Could anyone please confirm if Dorman 264-406 and Honda 11200-PAA-A00 are effectively the same part as Honda 11200-PDA-E00?

The parts distributor/manufacturer would be best to answer that for you. What you are asking for is a rather technical question about a specific generic part and your average forum user isn't going to have a good answer for you.

Xeryon:

Yep thanks: I already talked to them and they said those parts are different. Just strange the part I'm after is so rare as it seems to rust and require replacement in any car of the same age. Looks like buying and welding a used one is the cheapest and the easiest solution...

Well, here in the USA the Accords of that generation were extremely popular and the part is likely on every distributors shelf ten times over. Not sure of the distribution in the UK, but were are talking something of the order of 1.5 million Accords in the US between 98 and 01. Same thing goes here, cars that you see everyday out your front window are uncommon here and repair parts are like looking for hens teeth.

Indeed my decision to buy this 1999 Honda Accord was based on so good customer reviews these cars received - and taking into account how many of them were sold the situation with some parts is really strange. I usually go to a local scrapyard for many parts but those cars don't have any big/expensive units like engines and gearboxes, so no chance finding a used oil pan there.

Archived