new to the forum. from dsm, iowa

97CIVICHATCHDX

one of my favorite colors on the 96-00 civic hatch and one of the rarest along with midori green..

any enginebay shots?

future plans?

welcome to the forums

Yeah I will get a few engine bay pics up hopefully later or tonight. Photobucket was being super slow last night and only got those 2 pics uploaded. I will get the rest uploaded and put up tonight.

As far as plans, im going to put it in the garage for winter and take out the motor and do a swap. Not sure exactly what kind of swap im wanting to do. Need to get some ideas on that. I would like to change the rims eventually. I think some nice bronze rims would make the civic stand out a bit more.

Also thanks for the complement on the car. I love the color as well

if you ask me about swaps i will tell you b series all day.. and if you ask which b series i will tell you b18c1 gsr all day lol... thats my favorite powerplant that honda makes.. great with mods yet doesnt cost a fortune plus the transmission is geared perfectly so youre not at high rpms like the b16 trans on the freeway and the gears are short enough to get through when youre all motor unlike the LS transmission is..

another question would be how much are you willing to spend on a swap.. and if i might add, i would upgrade suspension soon before or after you do the swap then worry about wheels/tires.. that way your car can be balanced

Heres the engine bay pic. Nothing real fancy, the guy i bought it from had the air intake already there. I really dont want to touch the motor until i know what swap i want to do.

412949_336626553093364_1173727590_o.jpg

Im not sure exactly how much i will have to spend. After the texas trip at the end of september then i have atleast 3 or 4 months so save for a swap. Should have anywhere from 2000-2500 probably. Then will upgrade suspension with the income tax money :) Then she should be ready to roll for spring

its not a bad starter car at all...

i got my GSR for $1950 but that was from a friend.. im sure you could find one decently priced if you started asking around or you could always look on www.hmotorsonline.com they have great deals and really good prices..

just do me one favor... DONT do a frankenstine swap aka b20 bottom end with a vtec head or LS bottom end with a vtec head.. ive seen too many pop and hate watching people waste their money on them..

Oh no, not doing the frankenstien swap, staying away from that. Ive heard people building up this jdm d15b and it doing some wonders. So not sure if maybe I just want to pull the motor and get it bored out and built up or just finding a nice swap to do.

I found out I have the p2p ecu and have read that people have had issues with seeming sluggish at low rpm's, so thinking about trying to find a p28 ecu or try to find the originally p08 ecu.

yeah P28 ecus are good, thats what ive had in my sol since i swapped it to the GSR..

whatever route you go man good luck with it.. its a nice looking hatch

Thanks brian, im going to head out friday with my day off and see if I can't find me a p28 ecu and see how much of a difference it is. Thanks on the compliment as well. This is my 3rd civic and I like this one the best. When I was 16 i had a 92 honda civic lx 4dr auto and few years later bought a 91 civic hatch si. now im to a 97 hatch. I also cant wait till winter when I can start tearing it apart and getting it how I want it.

Archived