engine swap non vtec to vtec? help?

drivewayspecials

hi everyone i was wondering if anyone could help me,i have a 88 crx si with the original 1.6 non vtec sohc si motor (almost done smokes really bad due to valve seals smoked) and i pulled a 1.6 vtec sohc out of a 99 civic at a junk yard and it only had 16000 miles on the motor and turned over and had great compression (didn need trans or comp due o car bein auto and i have 5 speed), i dont want a zc motor or dohc b h, or k series cause im goin audio and air cylinder suspension so low and loud not snappy and fast but the question i have is what wiring harness and computer do i need to get to swap the 88 non vtec to the 99 vtec to get it runnin right and im preaty sure i can use my trany should bolt right up right? any help would be great or any other info you have to help thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

the reason you havent been answered is because this question has been answered 5billion times before and is sitting somewhere deep in the forums or easily on google..

i understand forums are for asking questions about your problems but the questions 9 times out of 10 have been asked and all it takes is a little bit of looking

You should have pulled the trans (or at least a trans from something), your trans won't work with the d16y8 you pulled. the ecu depends on if you find an auto or manual trans for your car, and if you get a manual you also need to change the intake manifold on that engine you pulled.

Really, pulling that 99 only created a huge amount of work for you. You really needed to find a complete swap, engine, transmission and ecu and harness all from one car.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys well i just bought a 89 honda civic crx with a d15b2 serise and i would like to do a mini me swap so what is the biggest heads and intake and stuff like that can fit on a d15b2 block and i also have a honda acored 2.2l sohc enigne and wire harnes and ecu so will that heads fits on my d15 ??. or d16 sohc vetc fit?? im just gonna do sohc stuff for now and in the future will to a vetc dohc swap. so plz help me out thanks

Archived