3/24/2012: 1st Annual R.I.P. "Ramirez Austin" Benefit Car Show

SRDF Titan

As the title states, this Saturday (I know its very short notice, but try your best to make it) we are having the 1st Annual R.I.P Benefit Car Show for a fallen Honda enthusiast. His name is Ramirez Austin and you could catch him frequenting Barrett Pkwy, Import Alliance, Rome Ga and everywhere in between in his green ej8 coupe. Unfortunately Ramirez drowned while swimming in Alabama (Little River Canyon) last Sunday 3/18/2012. He was a very good friend to alot of people including myself. So in honor of his life and his passion for Honda's and the import scene in general we've put together a Car Show to benefit the Austin family.

http://romenews-tribune.com/view/full_story/17930980/article-Rome-man-drowns-at-Little-River-Canyon?instance=home_most_popular

The car show will be held at the World Hifi Home Store and will start promptly at 6pm- until:

World Hifi Home Store

1600 Shorter Avenue

Rome Ga 30165

In a very short period of time Ramirez's closest friends have managed to put together a project car that Ramirez had just purchased and was about to start on. It is a white eg hatch and will be at the Benefit Car Show this Saturday for everyone to sign. The hatchback has been painted but left without the clear coat so that all the signatures can be cleared in permanently! The hatchback will be used as a symbol of Ramirez's life and legacy that he has left with each and everyone of us. A lot of things have been planned for the show to include:

A raffle drawing (only $3.00 per ticket) for the following prizes:

Gift Cards to:

Steak and Shake

Chillis Grill and Bar

Panera Bread

Provinos

Bed Bath and Beyond

Best Buy

Other prizes:

Mainstream T-shirts and whatever else we can come up with!

Remember all proceeds go to help the Austin family with the funeral cost, so give what you can (donations accepted outside of the raffle) to help a great family!

There will also be R.I.P. Ramirez Austion EK Coupe stickers (very small) that will be for sale as well for only $3.00 a piece. The sticker is an outline of a EK coupe with R.I.P. Ramirez Austion in the middle. We're asking everyone to place the sticker in the lower driver's side part of the windshield for uniformity and just in case your wondering it is small and shouldn't interfere with driving at all. There will also be a slightly larger sticker/picture selling for $10.00 a piece. We were hoping to have T-shirts done by Saturday but its not going to happen that quickly, however if you would like to pre-order one you can for $10.00, more details of the design of the t-shirt will be explained if your interested in buying one.

And because it is a Car Show we are hoping to have trophies for three (3) categories:

Best in Show

Best engine Bay

Best interior

There will be no entry fee for the show...I repeat NO ENTRY FEE, so bring what you got and see where you stand!! As mentioned above we are attempting to have trophies for the show, but because of time constraints it may not happen, so we will let you know!

Lastly, if your in Ga. definately try your best to make it out for a great man, great friend and fellow Import Enthusiast!! Hope to see you there!!!

Any questions feel free to call me: Wesley 706-766-1381 or Ken 678-381-7223

Archived