New Guy

skillfullyboard

Hey I'm Tay. Male, 22yrs old. I drive a 1994 Honda Accord EX Coupe. I found it for 500 bucks with the 2.2 Vtec. 5-Speed. I don't have many mods but I have painted the car flat black, tinted the tails and put eyelids on the headlights. all my corner markers except the bumper lights are blacked out. I have a cold air under the hood, 17" Motegi MR-7 Rims, I have a JVC Headunit (soon to be replaced), two Kicker CompVR 12's, Sony 1100 Watt monoblock amp, Power Acoustic 1.5 farad capacitor. I love forums and hearing suggestions as to future mods. I used to drive a 1.8T Volkswagen Passat that I tuned to the point of racing Mustang GTs and Corvettes for fun. I miss that car. But oh well, lets do the Honda thing and see what comes about. The pics below are pre-wash. Just got up this morning and took them so I could put something up here. Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Mods Soon to Come:

VTEC Controller

Throttle Body Spacer

Cam Gears

Underpullies

Performance Chip

Sprint 2" drop kit

TINT (God, I've needed tint for a while)

Full Exhaust

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

BTW, I live in Western North Carolina if there are any Honda guys here that wanna meet up sometime and talk car. I haven't found anyone in this town yet that likes hondas the way I do. I used to live in Somerset, KY and there are a lot of us up there, but here I'm one of about 3 2dr coupes

welcome to the forum!

if you want my honest opinion about a few things ill gladly put them out there but you cant have thin skin lol

1, IMO vtec controllers are a waste of money

2. H22A2 swap maybe?

3. not a fan of the black or the eyelids but its your car do you

4. IMO capacitors are bad, they kill your alternator

other than that welcome to the forums, if you have any questions or want any opinions just ask.. the few of us that still lurk around here will help as much as we can

well, the paint is gonna go. I just did the flat black cuz i didn't like the weird bluish green color it was when i got it. I'm hoping to get a brilliant white with black hood and truck. i'm actually considering learning how to paint it myself.

the eyelids, well, i was supposed to be getting new headlights and i was curious what it was gonna look like. now moneys a little tighter and mods are progressing very slow for me. but i don't care for them either

and why is the cap a bad thing? i thought caps were to take stress OFF the alternator

Hello, welcome to HF. The land of the trolls.

VTEC Controller

Throttle Body Spacer

Cam Gears

Underpullies

Performance Chip

Sprint 2" drop kit

Full Exhaust

Of the things you have listed here most will do nothing for you aside from cost you money. Obviously, the suspension and tint are cosmetic choices so no issue there, do as you please. A VTEC controller and chip you should just light your money on fire or better yet mail it to me and I can use it on hookers. It will be put to better use. Throttle body spacers, pulleys and cam gears would be useful if you were putting out any real power. All three installed on your car without additional modifications (i.e. forced induction) may make your car slower. The exhaust, coupled with a header and an intake you may realize a modest gain of 5-10hp.

For the amount of money involved in doing all of these things that really won't produce any additional horsepower you should take the engine upgrade money and put into a turbo kit or an engine swap. Otherwise all you are doing is installing an engine bay dress up kit.

im not sure why a capacitor is bad.. i have a friend that has been installing systems most of his life and he says only use a capacitor if youre going to have an upgraded alternator oherwise itll just ruin your stock one..

i would have been cheaper and taped the headlights to see if i liked it lol..

if im thinking of the same color, the blueish green is SICK.. if youre going to paint it please do it the right way and have the engine bay and door jams painted at least..

and if you want a black hood why not go with carbon fiber or kevlar? they require maintenance but i think they look alot better than just a painted hood..

only paint your car if you actually have a booth.. had a friend paint his car and it looked good from a distance, thats about it..

i totally agree with everything thats been said so far.. if you want to go for mods and money is tight.. intake, header, exhaust, coilovers (not some cheap ebay junk, at least some FnF's)

welcome to hf, seems like im typing that a lot lately.

you should just light your money on fire or better yet mail it to me and I can use it on hookers. It will be put to better use.

you make me giggle.

My opinion:

- systems are a waste

VTEC Controller

pointless.. vtec does not make your car faster or more powerful.. it allows you to keep power in top end.. having it engage at a lower rpm does basically nothing and might hurt performance.. go to the engine section and look at the 'how vtec works' thread.. has a video

Throttle Body Spacer

pointless.. you don't need it

Cam Gears

pointless.. you dont need it.. they are mainly used for ease of tuning which you car does not need a tune

Underpullies

i guess you could but i wouldnt

Performance Chip

waste

Sprint 2" drop kit

never heard of it? don't skimp on a shitty brand of spring/shock setup or coilover.. unless you plan on tracking just get a nice set of dampers and a good lowering spring.. eibach and tein are pretty reliable springs

i can agree

Full Exhaust

good idea

i'd not waste money on all that other crap and get a good intake.. good exhaust.. and spend the money on a nice tune up complete with plugs/wires/cap/rotor/oil and change the brakes to something nice.. many people like the brembo blanks and hawk pad set up.. you DO NOT need drilled/slotted rotors

Archived