New here, '95 Del Sol VTEC original owner :)

1SOL2NV

Hi all,

My name is Kandy and I've been Googling various Del Sol forums and found you guys. Out of the 3 top listed, you seem to be the friendliest and most active so I thought I'd sign up and say hello. We have a '95 Honda Del Sol VTEC that we purchased brand new and have kept it original except for the stereo and wheels. It's getting close to 150k miles and needs some minor cosmetic work: paint job and interior vinyl panels mainly. We've been saying we need to give her a re-fresh soon so I thought I'd start doing some research now on what kinds of recommendations you all might have. Our Del Sol is pretty much our Summer daily driver. I'll post up more recent pics (when I snap off some) but here's an old one from about 10 years ago with me and my niece and nephew hanging out. I wish the paint still looked this good, lol!

Kona.jpg

I'm not new to forums, I actually have a 2007 Roush Mustang 427R as well and hang out on several Mustang forums too. I go by IKANDY there but the name was already taken here. Here's a pic of me tearing up the road course in my Roush:

MKS_2805b.jpg

Looked good 10 years ago.. how are you guys at diy stuff?

Thank you, yeah it did. And compared to many I've seen, it looks better than average. The main issues are the plastic pieces (around the targa top, mirrors, etc) and the hood has lots of rock chips. It really needs a total paint job at the very minimum. I like tinkering with stuff- I've done a lot of my own mods on my Roush but haven't touched the Del Sol. With good instructions, I am willing to tackle projects. What do you have in mind? :)

Well, wrapping interior panels is quite easy and can look great. Cmgogo will post pics of him im sure. But as for other things, im guessing you want to leave it farely stock because you have the stang to beat on.

Archived