I am an utter failure

Xeryon

Significant single pop sound coming from the front end when I have a rapid change in momentum - hard brake or accel. Never when turning, unless i brake or accelerate hard on the turn. If I drive gentle or maintain speed i have no problems. Always just one single pop.

Obviously, the obvious answer to the obvious problem are the ball joints, except I just replaced the lowers today and the uppers, skunk2 camber adjustables, have about 5k on them. Inner and outer tie rods, and coilovers all clock in at 5k each. While I was under the car today I inspected my shafts and everything is tight there and boots are sealed. All bushings look good. I retorqued everything I could see. What am I missing? Or are the S2 uppers that crappy? This all began when shortly after I adjusted my ride height after putting on the new wheels and tires.

That's what I am figuring. Unless you are buying it I'm just going to install something else equally as cheap. Too much else going on right now to sink a ton of money into this car right now.

Put 15K on my S2 kits and they are still golden, if it is the upper ball joints odds are you got a knock off set (yes they do exist, and are quite common infact)

Of all things I would have thought the S2's that I have were original - I did buy them from a fairly reputable vendor - either Import RP or Robear. I think Robear now that I ponder it.

What set it off was going from dumped on it's ass to being a more responsible attractively lowered with an evenly spaced wheel gap.

Later, you will have to explain to me how a hatch isn't a regular Civic.

There is a sharp looking Red WRX/STI for sale across the street from my workplace. And my coworker has an abused RS for sale cheap.

Archived