Trade me your hoopty

Xeryon

Craigslist posting

You all know my car. Anyone interested in trading or buying contact me. Lifestyle has changed and I no longer want to go fast (as much as a honda would) and really just want a project to work on to try for 50-60mpg. since I commute near 40 miles one way every day to work.

glwtrade. you keeping the suspension or no? sucks to see it go. so much potential. in a way your sedan was the inspiration i had for my old one. just slightly cleaner of course lol.

Most things but the motor is done. Drop in a swap or rebuild the tired ole b7 and drive for another 200k. Was always my plan at least. I know you never get back what you put into it so I figured as such: In central Ohio a not-rotten Civic in proper running condition fetches $1500. Literally, not figuratively, the tires are brand new Proxes 4's. There are less then 100 miles on them. They still have the nipples on them. Tires cost over $500. At 2k you are getting all the other parts I installed for free. F&F coils, and all the trimmings. It's not for everyone but would be a good start for someone wanting a street cruiser beater.

Not sure what it is about the sedan that generates the lower mpg. Maybe the aerodynamics really are that far off. A Sol weighs more then a sedan but with an identical drive train any S model will pull down near 5mpg better then the sedan.

im just a jew... haha im not saying its a bad price, just more then i wanna pay.

I know you are a jew, and so am I.

what mpg are you gettin? i use to get 33ish in my old sedan. im surprised that the sol gets more mpg since it weighs about 800lbs more.

A Del Sol S model weighs 50lbs more according to factory curb weight numbers, and a coupe weighs 50lbs less then the sedan. I typically get 35mpg but I am very rev happy. If I drive sane and the weather is cooperative I get 38, once even a 40. In the old Sol the worst we got was 38, good weather 41-42 every week making the exact same commute as the sedan.

it's the 'sitting in front of your house at the curb ready to drive weight' as in, ready to go with a full tank of fuel and you standing on the sidewalk looking at it.

Archived