Improve my honda without spending money

NickSolt

I have a 96 honda civic ex with a D16 engine,exhaust headers,resonator,muffler,injen cold air intake with two cones.as are most people right now,im in an finance crisis.im wondering if there is anything i can do to my car to improve performance or speed without having to spend money.

im wondering if there is anything i can do to my car to improve performance or speed without having to spend money.

No.

You could sell it and buy a v8.

of course there is xeryon

he can.....

gut the car, (costs nothing, just time)

strip sound deadener (again nothing, just time and alot of sweat)

remove PS, AC (costs nothing, just time)

make sure his tires are inflated properly (25 cents at the gas station)

bucket wash his car (costs nothing, just time)

clean his air filter (nothing, just time)

I agree, reduce weight and reduce drag. Weight; like he said anything in the car that you don't use on a daily basis you can remove to increase power to weight ratio. Drag; tires on road surface or anything outside the aero dynamics of the car. You can make sure your tires are inflated to optimum pressure and remove any big spoilers lips or anything of that nature. (If installed).

I agree, reduce weight and reduce drag. Weight; like he said anything in the car that you don't use on a daily basis you can remove to increase power to weight ratio. Drag; tires on road surface or anything outside the aero dynamics of the car. You can make sure your tires are inflated to optimum pressure and remove any big spoilers lips or anything of that nature. (If installed).

Congratulations, you are WRONG :D

To reduce drag on the car you want to minimize the ammount of airflow that goes UNDER the car, for this reason lips are extremely helpfull. Spoilers (if they are the correct type and size) can actually reduce drag as well by channeling the airflow to a more congruent shape.

Archived