SiR2 swap

delsolsi

Late into the summer my si engine had some issues.. Time for an engine swap. After a few weeks of looking online and in the books, I came across a place in Cali that sold import engines. I bought the SiR2 engine and swapped it in late into august. The engine runs awesome. wooot. goes like hell.:D

Anyway, a question; if anyone knows: each morning, from startup til 5 mins after startup, when the vtec kicks in, air is released from the engine area(only when driving).. it sounds like a BOV.. although the sound turns heads, don't know if its good or not. i think it is an exhaust leak somewhere by the o2 sensor near the connection to the cat. i dunno. im tossed on it. Throw some words at me..

Not 100% sure, but I think its the intake manifold letting air out. It's a thing that Honda designed with the engine warming up in mind.

If it's an exhaust leak, pop your hood and listen, even if you're at idle, you can hear it.

What the hell are you doing hitting VTEC daily driving?

P.S. Did it really take you weeks to find a place that imports engines?

What the hell are you doing hitting VTEC daily driving?

lol, when the engine was first installed, i didn't notice the air release after a test run, but later on i ran across it, in a hurry to work. :p

P.S. Did it really take you weeks to find a place that imports engines?

no :p

i needed to find someone that could ship it to wisconsin. soko in chicago was the only place around the midwest i knew of and they didn't have any in stock and it would of been months for the one i wanted. i didn't know any well respected sites, nor i was given a reply i posted earlier on the forum.

p.s: anyone have a vtec controller? is it worth the 350

i have the v-afc. got it used for 150 after a friend wrecked his gsr. do some research on it, as far as setting the vtec engagement points, as you really don't want to change that. if i weren't so tired, i'd give you all the information you needed on it.

Archived