Speakers to an amp...

well, as you all know, i have a jetta. but i have a question regarding car audio...can i connect 8 speakers (2 front tweeters, 2 front speakers, 2 rear tweets, 2 rear speakers) to a 4xchannel amp?

i'm trying to bypass my monsoon amp...using an aftermarket amp if i have to.

-kirkus

I'm pretty sure your component speakers have a built in Cross-over and you should only have to connect one set of wires to the component itself. You should be able to connect each component to it's own channel.

• 2 weeks later...

yea its possible but your system will sound horrible. you can hook up any amount of speakers u want up to a amp(2 or 4 channel and u have to know what your doing). but for each speaker u hook up u have to take some wattage off the amp. like say its a 1000 watt 4x channel amp. you hook 4 speakers to it. each one is going to get about 250 watts of power. now if you hooked up 8 speakers you would get about 175 watts to each speaker. i mean its kinda pointless. why dont u just buy more than one amp. 1 for front 1 for rear

Archived