just picked this up

so i traded a z6 head w/ wiring harness and ebay coilover springs for all this except the hf manifold......

garrett t25

CIMG4879.jpg

down pipe w/ dp flange to make my own dp

CIMG4881.jpg

front mount inter cooler ( cx racing i believe )

CIMG4875.jpg

2" inter cooler piping w/ couplers and clamps still in box ( never used )

CIMG4882.jpg

pic of everything in the box

CIMG4883.jpg

this i already had hf mani

CIMG4874.jpg

now all i need is a chipped e.c.u,bov,and injectors then i can start fabbing some stuff up and install on my civic ( so pumped cant wait )

i have 1 question about injectors. 440cc injectors should be more then enough right?

Edited by 93d3ls0l

yea 440s should be fine, or you could run DSM bluetops, theyll work just as well.. i think theyre 390s and theyre all over ebay..

that turbos tiny, should have REALLY quick spool.. just make sure you take your time and do everything right, thats the mistake i made the first time i made an attempt at boost and i fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up lol :laugh:

yea 440s should be fine, or you could run DSM bluetops, theyll work just as well.. i think theyre 390s and theyre all over ebay..

that turbos tiny, should have REALLY quick spool.. just make sure you take your time and do everything right, thats the mistake i made the first time i made an attempt at boost and i fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked up lol :laugh:

yeah it should be fully spooled by 2500 rpm.

i thought the blue tops were 450cc. i know dsm had blue,black, and brown tops. blue being the best. but i was actually gonna run some high impedance injectors so i dont need to run a resistor box ( or atleast thats what ive gathered from reaserch ) if i run low impedance injectors it will require a resistor bow right ? . i been researching this setup for about 2-3 years now, since i first had my del sol.

these are the injectors i was gonna go with .... http://www.xenocron....1c9c9d382cc2b9d

as for doing it right i hope i do everything right. this is gonna be my first boost setup i've installed. i plan on having it dyno tuned as soon as i get it installed so i dont blow it up driving around on a basemap .i know dyno tuning wont garuntee reliablity but it will deff help. im hoping 7p.s.i will get close to 200whp if not i might bump it up to 10p.s.i

all in all i think i got a pretty good deal seeing how this is the setup ive been wanting to run

Edited by 93d3ls0l

yeah it should be fully spooled by 2500 rpm.

i thought the blue tops were 450cc. i know dsm had blue,black, and brown tops. blue being the best. but i was actually gonna run some high impedance injectors so i dont need to run a resistor box ( or atleast thats what ive gathered from reaserch ) if i run low impedance injectors it will require a resistor bow right ? . i been researching this setup for about 2-3 years now, since i first had my del sol.

these are the injectors i was gonna go with .... http://www.xenocron....1c9c9d382cc2b9d

as for doing it right i hope i do everything right. this is gonna be my first boost setup i've installed. i plan on having it dyno tuned as soon as i get it installed so i dont blow it up driving around on a basemap .i know dyno tuning wont garuntee reliablity but it will deff help. im hoping 7p.s.i will get close to 200whp if not i might bump it up to 10p.s.i

all in all i think i got a pretty good deal seeing how this is the setup ive been wanting to run

i know RC injectors dont need a resistor box

and you wont be able to drive your car at all with bigger injectors and no tune, it will just bogg out from shooting too much fuel.. just run your stock injectors to the shop AS SOON as you get everything on and working properly and dont get on it or you will mess something up.. and that turbo should DEF spool before 2500, it might be at peak boost around 3500 but im just guessing.. look at what size your hot side is...

my old garrett was a t3t4 turbo with .60trim on the cold side and ar48 on the hot side.. which meant that it had great boost capabilities but spooled quick.. the down side to that is that it spools too fast and you cant make big power out of it which is why i nixxed all of it and just went with a new setup.. that turbo would only max out at 430whp and i want 500+ lol

it should be a good first time setup though, just get used to using alot of throttle control because youre going to spin alot from the quick spool of the turbo.. keep us all posted on the build though, good luck :)

My buddy had a z6 with a t25 in a crx, peak boost at about 1800.... also if you get a basemap for the bigger injectors youll be fine. Blue tops are 430 iicr, blacks are 390... lookin good so far, i wish i could find a deal like that but i want a 14b, so i dont have boost coming off the line, snow and boost dont go together... ill probably go with a t3 though...

thanks man.

like i said im only aiming for 200whp for now. later down the road i wanna build a z6 block and throw that in but for now ima be running on a stock d15b7 block so i aint trying to push it to hard.

ill keep you guys posted it'll prolly be a month or so before i can get started. i still need a chipped ecu , bov , injectors , and a couple misc. things. i.e vaccum manifold, boost gauge, and afr gauge.

i was thinking about getting the chipping kit and doin it myself but i never done anything along those lines and would rather just buy one ready to go. everything else except the injectors im gonna just get off e-gay. i shouldnt have any problems going with e-gay stuff on the little things like bov , gauges , and vaccum manifold .

thanks man.

like i said im only aiming for 200whp for now. later down the road i wanna build a z6 block and throw that in but for now ima be running on a stock d15b7 block so i aint trying to push it to hard.

ill keep you guys posted it'll prolly be a month or so before i can get started. i still need a chipped ecu , bov , injectors , and a couple misc. things. i.e vaccum manifold, boost gauge, and afr gauge.

i was thinking about getting the chipping kit and doin it myself but i never done anything along those lines and would rather just buy one ready to go. everything else except the injectors im gonna just get off e-gay. i shouldnt have any problems going with e-gay stuff on the little things like bov , gauges , and vaccum manifold .

IMO a afr is a waste, it just goes crazy all over the place.. IMO i would get boost, oil press, and oil temp.. thats what im going to be running, the frogeye mounts in my cluster and boost gauge in my side vent on the driver side..

making your own map and tuning it is FKN confusing to me lol

DSM blue & black tops are 450cc...I've had each in my hands and they each say 450cc on the plug area...and are what I used on my set-up..In the HF I think limited my full spool because it's pretty restrictive..but it was at full spool @ 15# around 3,200rpm

The brown's were in the...N/a eclipse..

To run any of the DSM injectors, you will need a resistor box..The easiest is to get one out of the junk yard from a late 80's honda..It's located either on the shock tower or the firewall depending on the car. And wiring it in is quite simple as well.

I just followed these links:

http://robskills.wor...-injector-loom/

http://www.hondata.c...ctorwiring.html

I primarily used the Hondata DIY and said F finding the resistance. I looked at the plug and compared the location of the dot's in the pic to the plug and cut those to wire in the resistor box..EASY/PEASEY!..Also what threw me at first is that it makes no difference with the spliced wiring pairs.

You can also find a vacuum manifold on the late 80's boosted 2.3L Ford T-Birds..another pocket that easily fit's into your pocket.

Edited by lastresort576

IMO a afr is a waste, it just goes crazy all over the place.. IMO i would get boost, oil press, and oil temp.. thats what im going to be running, the frogeye mounts in my cluster and boost gauge in my side vent on the driver side..

making your own map and tuning it is FKN confusing to me lol

Narrow band AFR waste yes but..You will Definitely want a Wideband. I believe the New AEM version has the right voltage settings to set it up so you can datalog the entire range of readings..After that boost and oil pressure gauges are the most important. and an EGT gauge would most likely be more useful over the oil temp gauge because of tuning/timing.

Edited by lastresort576

yeah i wanna go with high impedance injectors just incase i blow my motor i can swap everything out easy to go back to stock till i get a built motor.

as for the vaccum manifold ill just get an ebay one cause its only 20-30 bucks shipped. i doubt i could find one at a junkyard cause those are uncommon cars up here.

i'll consider an egt gauge. but i deff think ima get boost and oil pressure gauge. possibly wideband lc-1 down the road im just trying to keep this cheap as possible for now. as of now i have zero dollars into this kit, i been trading parts from an old build. actually everything i have i've acquired from one z6 top end. lol. i traded the z6 i.m for the hf manifold and the head for everything else.

ima find out how much DSG will run me to tune my setup on crome thanks for the link lastresort

as for the hf mani delaying full spool i think that'll help more then hurt me. the reason i say this is i was told that boost is safer in higher rpms.

Be conservative on the tune... rather have Lil low on power than no power... soldering isnt hard but an ecu isnt something id wanna learn on.

i know how to solder i just never taken apart an ecu and messed with pins and such so its makes me a lil nervous to try it. if i had a spare ecu i'd try it but im a dumbass and forgot to pull the one out of my parts car before scrapping it.

as for tuning im gonna leave it to the pro's till i have a chance to learn more all the crap involved with a good tune.

gonna be picking up a 1g dsm bov at some point. just got a response from CL $20 woot woot first bit of change going into it lol

i cant wait tho knowing i have all this stuff kills me. i just wanna get everything else and start putting it together already

Edited by 93d3ls0l

Soldering two wires and soldering a board are different things.

The pros can do an aggressive.tune for power or conservative for reliability.... thats what i mean...

im pretty confident i could solder the ecu, ive had to solder mother boards for computers and rc's. i just never messed with ecu's and thats a lil intimidating cause your car isnt gonna run without it done right . so i'd rather just buy one ready to go

yeah im gonna go with a conservative tune. i'd like to have around 200whp but if thats gonna make any problems for my stock block then ill hold off a lil for reliability.

Should be bad on block.

After getting a didf one chip yours.

idk i'll see how it goes if i blow it up it's gonna suck. but i do have a spare complete b7 in my garage. not that it justify's blowing up a perfectly good motor

200 at the wheels on a d15b7 shouldnt be good on it.. hell my old d15b7 had intake and exhaust and the rings let go on the way back from the HF DC meet

you must have bad luck then cause my previous cars motor. took 330k of normal driving , before i got it and beat the piss out of it everyday for 3 months before it grenaded a rod.

and that was partly due to me advancing the timing and raising the c/r . but the motor in my car now only has like 140k and it was in an auto before that and some old guy owned it since it was on the showroom floor he had all routine maintence done up untill his timing belt tensioner let go then i fixed it all up and have put about 5k on it with no problems yet.

i might just buy an a6 block and throw that in before i go putting the turbo on. it all depends on what kind of deals i can find around here. it'll be either a a6 or z6 block if i do end up changing it out. i been reading about the a6 strokers and those seem to be somewhat bullet proof till like 450+hp not on stock internals of course but on stock block

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i found out the turbo i got is better then the normal t25 in the fact thats its a 60 trim. so i shouldnt have to worry so much about instant boost. i am trying to work everything out right now to get some funds towards the build now that i know its bigger then i originally thought im alot more pumped about it. if anyone has any gauges laying around for cheap lmk im looking for boost, and oil pressure, possibly a wideband o2 and gauge. also oil lines a vac manifold and i think thats about it. cant really think of anything else right now. pm me and lmk what you got and a price. if your not a well known member on here then dont bother