96 Accord EX Coupe body repair (Help!)

jacdschu

I have a 96 Accord EX Coupe that was in a front collision and was wondering if I should part it out or fix it. I need a hood,radiator,bumper,bumper cover,fender and a few other parts to fix it. It has 141,000 miles and mechanically is in great shape. The interior is in ok condition.If I fix it should I use stock parts or should I put a body kit on it (looking for lowest cost)? Also does anyone have a diagram of the front end or instructions? If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.

Please help

Thanks

John

well, if you have always taken car of the car it can probably go another 100k. so having 100-400 (depending on the deals and how nice it looks) wrapped up in replacing the front end is a small price to pay for having a car that you could turn around and sell for 2-3k.

i don't have a diagram but you should be able to find a 96 accord in the junkyard... bumper covers are usually only like 30 bucks. or on an online site local to you or even craigslist depending on where you are.

I guess it all goes down to what did you hit, how bad is the damage really (core support/radiator support or frame rails messed up)?

It does need a radiator support and the frame rail (uni body?) will need a partial replacement. There are no parts from the local junk yard and craigslist is very scarce. I would have to drive a hour and a half to do that.

I may to just get bits and peices for a while.

Thanks

well, if you have always taken car of the car it can probably go another 100k. so having 100-400 (depending on the deals and how nice it looks) wrapped up in replacing the front end is a small price to pay for having a car that you could turn around and sell for 2-3k.

i don't have a diagram but you should be able to find a 96 accord in the junkyard... bumper covers are usually only like 30 bucks. or on an online site local to you or even craigslist depending on where you are.

I guess it all goes down to what did you hit, how bad is the damage really (core support/radiator support or frame rails messed up)?

me and raley are kinda the body repair guru's here, if you could give us pics we could probably help more

Alot depends on how badly damaged the unibody is (you kinda cant really "replace" it) and what your skill level is. I mean honestly if your asking if you CAN do it then odds are your going to have a hard time, since there will be welding, panel alignment, etc. I would say however if it was my car, if it still drove straight and true (meaning alignment had not been changed from the wreck) then odds are the car is salvageable. And i would do the work myself to repair it.

Archived