1994 Honda Passport 4x4 problems

I recently bought a 94 Honda Passport. The vehicle runs good and is great. But I'm having problems with the 4x4. When I try to lock it in the front wheels don't pull. The light on the dash lights up saying that it is engaged but they aren't spinning. It does put the rear into low gear and high gear. If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Holliday

I recently bought a 94 Honda Passport. The vehicle runs good and is great. But I'm having problems with the 4x4. When I try to lock it in the front wheels don't pull. The light on the dash lights up saying that it is engaged but they aren't spinning. It does put the rear into low gear and high gear. If any one could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Holliday

Is this you?

when you shift it into 4x4 do you hear the transfer case?

The downside to your problem is the only thing honda about your passport is the H on the hood.

If you are engaging the 4x4 and the wheels don't spin you have a transfer case problem, a front drive shaft failure or a u-joint failure. 4x4 systems are fairly simple really.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes that is my post on car gurus but apparently people don't reply to you there lol. and no there are not any odd sounds coming from the transfer case. I drove it in a circle today while we watched the front drive shaft. It starts to spin but then stops. But as i said... The 4x4 light is coming on and the gear is engaging (like crawling). As for the vacuum lines I'm not sure. I haven't found em.

the isuzu and the honda should be entirely interchangeable. to my knowledge the rodeo was the more popular vehicle so you may be able to find parts more easily down that path.

Archived