k swap in a ej1

pumpkin civic

ok i know this guy trying to sell a k20a from a rsx type s, its a good price for the engine, tranny, axles, wiring harness. ecu, and shift linkage (not sure if i can use it), but i was wondering if i bought the k swap mounts for my vehicle from hasport, would that be eveything i need? and can i use everything that i listed that my friend is trying to sell.

you'll have to redo the fuel system, get a different set of axels, k pro, and a few other misc things.

look on k20a.org to find out specifically.

also, if you dont know much about the k series, i suggest you do a lot of research before you start.

just the parts i listed should be over $2500.

actually it wasn't due to the fact that my intentions were to reiterate the fact that they are a hot item to thieves.. if he see that 2 people are saying the same thing then its more likely to stick to his memory..

i didnt realize he posted anywhere about theft issues for it.

hmm....i guess i should re-read, oh wait, thats you who should re-read it.

and just for the record, if its a k20a, its from japan, meaning no vin.

so once again GTFO of this thread, please.

its adam, hes always a self absorbed douche tanker, thats why we love him. Best advice, just ignore 99% of what he says. as far as the kswap,its up to you, honestly ive driven one, and def dont think its worth the price tag, but... its up to the person who has the car.

even though he said k20a, he made reference to it specifically coming from a rsx-s which implied to me that it was a domestic engine and he just didn't type in the last character of the engine type.

you'll have to redo the fuel system, get a different set of axels, k pro, and a few other misc things.

look on k20a.org to find out specifically.

also, if you dont know much about the k series, i suggest you do a lot of research before you start.

just the parts i listed should be over $2500.

What do mean about fuel system. Like what do need to replace. And can I just not run the stock ecu instead of the kpro and is it just a piggy back to run it in the older car. And thanks for the info.

Archived