nitrous setup for 97civic auto(no vtec)

restux

I want to do a nitrous setup on my "civic dx 2dr d15y7motor" , I 've been trying to figure out on how to do it, any idea's? What I would need for the setup?

also what would be the highest X shot I could put on this car without risking any damage to the engine? I want as much go as possible but I don't want to ruin the engine at all.

Also how well does nitrous work on an automatic? And would I need to pump higher octane gas?

thankx.

Edited by restux

• 4 weeks later...

I want to do a nitrous setup on my "civic dx 2dr d15y7motor" , I 've been trying to figure out on how to do it, any idea's? What I would need for the setup?

also what would be the highest X shot I could put on this car without risking any damage to the engine? I want as much go as possible but I don't want to ruin the engine at all.

Also how well does nitrous work on an automatic? And would I need to pump higher octane gas?

thankx.

I have the same car you do any type of major power addition will cause aditional engine wear aka damage its just a matter of what you are willing to do to prevent it, if you dont want to tear down the block i would personal just go with a wet 50 shot and thats all but agin our cars came stock with right under 100hp increasing that by 50% will add additional wear...

Your tourque converter will hate you, for the dollar amount id recommend doing a manual swap, it will give you same feel of go and wont hurt the motor at all.

Auto trans suck so thats the part i would worry about, i put 3 bottles through a z6 in a weekend with 75 wet shot and that motor still works 4 years after the fact.