how do you vtec your car while driving

bosoxfan1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

ok so after about a week and a half i tried to engage vtec but im not sure if i did or not how would i know would there be a certain sound to listen for or what indicators would i look out for?

is your car stock? vtec is not magical and loud lol

a lot of people say they can't hear the crossover.. its easier if you have an intake/exhaust

i have both intake and exhaust haha

lol listen really well?

the newer cars might be a little harder to hear it? make sure you know the crossover point lol

haha i will and btw thanks for the compliment on hondagirl intro thread i gave u a good rep point for that one lol

girls like that amuse me

lol I was kinda proud of the boys on the forum.. brian was all over her as expected but everyone else impressed me

the girl is a diva and annoying already shes been on the forum like two days and has like 40 posts 3/4 containing pictures of herself lol

and not to mention her idea of working on a car isn't very involved

im not one to really trash people but her i cant help it...im so excited to work on my car this weekend speaking of such things haha

dude even my wife knows when vtec engages and she's a honda hater. the best thing to do is go to youtube and type in vtec and listen to some of the cars. this way you know what you are listening for

my question to u is why would you marry a woman who is a honda hater?!? hahahah

35 mpg

i drive ~100 miles a day for work/school

(i like MY del.. doesnt mean i like hondas)

i drive 70 miles back and forth to work so i know about the long commute thing i love MY EP3 too haha...and valid point i just love my honda too but i also love my bmw haha

I cant decide on what car i want after graduation.. guess it depends on where i end up living.. if i end up where there is quite a bit of snow I was thinking a subie hatchback..

or maybe just a nice 3 series.. I do like the cr-z though just wish it had better performance

A leaf would be an option but you have to have a bunch of crap installed at your house.. the tesla s is pretty nice as well

I dont really have one manufactor I like.. just cause i like supras doesnt mean i like prius.. and just cause I like the cr-z and del it doesnt mean I like a cr-v.. and if I like a Z it doenst mean i want a maxima (add a juke to the list of my maybe cars lol)

ok so im new to honda (coming from nissan tuning) and was told that in order to keep my engine in good shape its good to use the vtec mode while your driving. my question is how do you get it into vtec im guessing that you come close to red lining in order to do so. i hope im explainging it properly or that you are understanding what im trying to figure out exactly...thanks!

First I take a big dump. Then, as I'm getting a blowy from some random ho (showering after the dump of course...), I smash the pedal and away we go.

is your car stock? vtec is not magical and loud lol

a lot of people say they can't hear the crossover.. its easier if you have an intake/exhaust

SOHC VTEC is very different from DOHC VTEC. DOHC version is much more noticeable in sound and power. Sounds like a damn race car.

Archived