99 civic si

brooken civic

by using a service manual such as a haynes or chiltons. if you are mechanically competent you can do it in an evening. if you are not competent but do know which and of a ratchet does what you can get it done in a half day. if you are neither of those find a mechanic friend or take it to a shop. a timing belt is not an easy repair for the uninitiated.

replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump and while you are at it your ac, ps and alternator belts too.

by using a service manual such as a haynes or chiltons. if you are mechanically competent you can do it in an evening. if you are not competent but do know which and of a ratchet does what you can get it done in a half day. if you are neither of those find a mechanic friend or take it to a shop. a timing belt is not an easy repair for the uninitiated.

replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump and while you are at it your ac, ps and alternator belts too.

right i mean i got it all apart and put back together and the belt is on but when i go to turn the crank the belt gets loose again

who the frack gave xeryon a negative rep point??? id say dont use the haynes manual. go to hondahookup.com. iv stripped several bolt holes following the haynes manual.

aluminum is the same metal. steel is stronger, which will not hold a torque after a certain point. which will strip/round off the helicoil insert from the aluminum hole.

in my experience, a helicoil doesnt hold after about 24 ft-lbs.

Archived