Hello There

TVChatten

Well my name is Tonessa (it rhymes with Vanessa) and I'm from Virginia. I've pretty much grown up with Honda Accords as I started driving a 92 Accord and my first car (I guess you can say) after I got my license was my dad's 98 Honda Accord that he just recently totaled (RIP baby). My dad has pretty much owned different variations of Honda Accords since the 80's and currently he had a 98 Honda Accord LX 4 door sedan and now he's just left with the 2000 cherry red Honda Accord coupe. My stepdad is getting the 92 Accord we have fixed for me. It's been in the family since 1996, since I was six years old and I remember my stepmom had a 93 4-door green honda accord back when I was 3 years old. I was currently considering either a '10 Mazda3 or an 06 Honda Accord EX-L, but I think I'm gonna get the 06 Honda as my dad's accident showed me that Accords can literally take a hit (even when considered total).

Sorry this was so long, but yeah as you can see not only was I bred on just a Honda, but I was bred on an Accord. You can think my parents and stepparents for that :)

YAYZ ANUDDUH FEMALE!! welcome to the forum! :)

hope you stick around unlike alot of other noobs that come here and ask a few questions then just biggity bounce out..

i say get the accord.. mazda 3's are teh JUNK!

any plans for it if/when you get it?

Haha I'll definitely stick around! And no plans yet, but that's why I joined to see what you Honda fellas have been up to.

Yeah I test drove a Mazda but a Honda has better steering and you don't feel every bump on the road.

May I ask why you won't own a Honda after 01?

those mazdas are actually pretty nice, good speed, nice handling... but so are accords... im very biased though... i won't own a honda/acura after 01...

mazda speed 3's do not have good speed what so ever.. my car beat one easily and theyre boosted... FAIL!

accord >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mazda 3

Yeah but I go up to Northern VA a lot so I'll get at you when I go back up? Maybe you can show me around lol.

Sure, just message me. And if you're hungry there's this bomb-ass burger joint that even Obama's been to a few times.

still boosted and claimed 263 HP, almost 100 more hp than my car has and costs $23k when mine after my build is done will cost about half that and will be making 500+hp... a fail in my book

still boosted and claimed 263 HP, almost 100 more hp than my car has and costs $23k when mine after my build is done will cost about half that and will be making 500+hp... a fail in my book

just because someone dumps money in something doesnt mean its built WELL

example:

guy with ls1 camaro put ~15k into the motor ALONE.. another guy with a stock ls2 camaro that cost him ~8k TOTAL ran about 2 tenths faster in the quarter (multiple times.. not just once)

just because someone dumps money in something doesnt mean its built WELL

example:

guy with ls1 camaro put ~15k into the motor ALONE.. another guy with a stock ls2 camaro that cost him ~8k TOTAL ran about 2 tenths faster in the quarter (multiple times.. not just once)

well seeing that the shop that is building my car is being built by the old R&D of skunk2, tech director of NOS, and has built quite a few championship NHRA dragcars... pretty sure itll do more than one pass..

they have 3 shop dragcars that have yet to break and are running consistant 9's.. in the process of building a 10 second all motor K series EG hatch, and have the shop street car that has 310whp all motor k24/20 with all inhouse shop parts on the car.. pretty sure my car will be reliable...

oh and one more note... i wont be in the 550whp range.. had to get a few new parts because my turbo, intercooler, and wastegate were too small to make 500hp... owner/builder said i will be in the 680 - 700whp range FTMFW!

May I ask why you won't own a Honda after 01?

What corey's response was and the fact that they've sold out after that year. The build quality and reliability is poor in comparison to what the late 80's mid 90's brought to the table. That goes for Toyota as well.

At the moment in my eye's the best car's off the lot as far as styling and performance are either vw's or audi's...Bmw's too but I've got a slight bias towards them they're a blast to drive.**Even I hate to say this some of the new Ford's don't seem to be as bad. I certainly still will never buy one but they've come a long way.

Archived