89 Accord LX-i wont start in wet weather

Hey all,

This may be a somewhat common occurence but I've got an 89 Accord LX-i hatchback that runs strong--except when it is damp or raining. It will turn over but not fire up. Once the weather turns dry again, she starts right up. Anyone have any experiences in precisely what to test to find the culprit? I'm guessing ignition sys/distrib cap or wires but maybe there is a specific tendency in these cars for X to go wrong...?

Any input is appreciated since I really do want to be able to keep this thing.

thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

This may be a somewhat common occurence but I've got an 89 Accord LX-i hatchback that runs strong--except when it is damp or raining. It will turn over but not fire up. Once the weather turns dry again, she starts right up. Anyone have any experiences in precisely what to test to find the culprit? I'm guessing ignition sys/distrib cap or wires but maybe there is a specific tendency in these cars for X to go wrong...?

Any input is appreciated since I really do want to be able to keep this thing.

thanks.

just posted the same thing about my 92 accord

it cranks just fine, batteries arent dead but it wont start until I prop open the hood

Archived