Need help with my first car!

adnnskdnals

Can you put a 1998 b18c vtec type-r engine in a 1994 Honda Civic?

Yes, but you need many parts for install, for startes you need Hasport motor mounts, they are a few hundred bucks for the set. It's a pricy thing to do, and a big undertaking, I have a 89 CRX si with a B16A that I installed all on my own, I think that I have spent about $4,500 just in parts, but it'll be cheaper and easier if you can find a donor integra GS-R.

You know you couldve just bought a compete b16 swap with everything you need from hmotorsonline for probably a grand less than what you spent.

I'm 30 years old, I did this in high school, which was before B series motor swaps became popular, now they have packages, back then they didn't.

I'm 30 years old, I did this in high school, which was before B series motor swaps became popular, now they have packages, back then they didn't.

ooooooh yeah, its a lot easier now. sort of like how k swaps are getting

b16 swaps are poo. not much more torque than a d series lol

B swaps are not poo, it has just been overdone because it wasthe only swap to do (for twin cam vtec) for more power than stock D series. B series was ahead if it's time, and thats now what the K series has evolved from. You should never poo on a B series, they were engineered for top-end HP, not to be torquey. Thats just what they were and should be respected.

hell no I love my hondas, esp what made honda great, the small, more efficent, yet one most potent motors ever built per liter, the D series ;)

151 whp d15b7 @ 42mpg

287 whp d16z6 @ 35mpg

I love my D's :D

Archived