Having a tranny trouble

kiwi87

Well for some reason I have a good tranny in the car it just got put in the other day......no for some reason in 5th gear at 75 it redlines.....I am thinking it is because it idles high(roughly 1800), a leak in the brake booster, or the I.A.C.V(IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE).........I could be way off in my ideas so if anyone has any ideas can you please help me out here...I just don't want to be spending a crap ton of money on parts I don't need

well my best suggestion is, next time you pick up a hooker is to do a package check, basicly you just grab down below and make sure there is no funny business so you dont end up getting a tranny.

ok ok joking aside

What trans are your running, what motor are you running, what are you redlining at (rpm).

well my best suggestion is, next time you pick up a hooker is to do a package check, basicly you just grab down below and make sure there is no funny business so you dont end up getting a tranny.

ok ok joking aside

What trans are your running, what motor are you running, what are you redlining at (rpm).

hahaha...it's an EW tranny with a d15a4......and in 5th gear it is red lining at like 65-70mph......

yeah but i need to know RPM your redlining at.

6500 RPM....but that needle will spin until the engine blows or spins a bearing...it's virtually just a stock 87 SI.......the only things done to it is a mini glass pack and intake...

No this is a EWWW tranny!!!:laugh:

n12428303_39630939_6584-1.jpg

Okay now seriously people all jokes aside I am trying to get some help here.....I thought that is what this whole site is about not immature little bastards making transsexual jokes

hold on waiting on a reply for gear ratios from my trans guy.

But in the mean time

its a DPFI right?

get me the speeds on all gears at 3k rpm

eg

1 = 17

2 = 26

3 = 37

4 = 54

5 = 71

BTW that picture is a member here on this site (or on solsociety, cant remeber)

hold on waiting on a reply for gear ratios from my trans guy.

But in the mean time

its a DPFI right?

get me the speeds on all gears at 3k rpm

eg

1 = 17

2 = 26

3 = 37

4 = 54

5 = 71

BTW that picture is a member here on this site (or on solsociety, cant remeber)

1=10

2=25-30

3=40

4=55

5=65

No it's MPFI......The car was carbed at one point in time then the switched it to fuel injection with the multi-port.....The only way we know it was carbed is because the coil pack and dizzy are off the carbed.....but it was timed right and everything....and again in the last car it was in he could take it up to 125mph...with the same engine.....and just a not we checked the block and head numbers and it is an SI block

Okay now seriously people all jokes aside I am trying to get some help here.....I thought that is what this whole site is about not immature little bastards making transsexual jokes

Little bastard ?:laugh: Pretty sure I am not a bastard, immature yes, assshole yes, smartasss yes. Bastard not so much.:D

1=10

2=25-30

3=40

4=55

5=65

No it's MPFI......The car was carbed at one point in time then the switched it to fuel injection with the multi-port.....The only way we know it was carbed is because the coil pack and dizzy are off the carbed.....but it was timed right and everything....and again in the last car it was in he could take it up to 125mph...with the same engine.....and just a not we checked the block and head numbers and it is an SI block

interesting, the ratios seem bout right, but it hits 6500rpm at 75 in 5th is kinda odd. Does it feel like the clutch is slipping at all?

interesting, the ratios seem bout right, but it hits 6500rpm at 75 in 5th is kinda odd. Does it feel like the clutch is slipping at all?

No it's a brand new clutch system...cable pressure plate everything....it actually redlines lower than that......i found out the problem finally but now I can't find the part anywhere that I need

what was it to be currious?

The IACV....it's shot beyond all reason so the car idles 1500 rpm too high....I came to this conclusion because I blocked off the brake booster to drop the rpms a little and we started getting a little more out of it.....but now the new problem is I have been looking for 2 days straight and nobody has one no internet site or anything

The IACV....it's shot beyond all reason so the car idles 1500 rpm too high....I came to this conclusion because I blocked off the brake booster to drop the rpms a little and we started getting a little more out of it.....but now the new problem is I have been looking for 2 days straight and nobody has one no internet site or anything

HMMM if I wasn't suck a lazy "bastard" I would take the one off my 87 SI intake manifold in my attic above garage.:dry: Its kinda scary up there, I might decide to finally get rid of everything up there so I can store tool kit cases up there. God knows I need the space!!!:laugh:

HMMM if I wasn't suck a lazy "bastard" I would take the one off my 87 SI intake manifold in my attic above garage.:dry: Its kinda scary up there, I might decide to finally get rid of everything up there so I can store tool kit cases up there. God knows I need the space!!!:laugh:

Okay you're not a bastard I was having a really bad night/day...I have a couple mental illnesses so when crap is said it just comes out sometimes....would you really send that to me though???????????

Archived