so these should fit my hatch right?

SpeedDemon

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1964659061.html

3ka3m53o95Y65W05S6a9k9763f10b43b91e83.jpg

love this style of rim. ill most likely go get these tomorrow.

if i am running a stock 14" steelie rim on my hatch i should have no trouble transferring tires right?

I'd keep running the steelies. Those look so beat up it looks like more than the clear coat is peeling. Maybe you can media blast them and leave them or paint them. No center caps? Looks like you will have to buy two tires as he admits two are bald.

He said he was going to transfer the tires from the steelies to the new wheels.

If you have the tires off, you might as well strip them down and give them a nice new paint job.

Oh all I read was "transferring tires"..I missed the part where it read, "transferring the tires from my steelies to these funky rims". I so stoopid. So it is cool to put the wheels on with no center caps? I did I miss that part too? Yeh, I would paint them or powdercoat them.

meh idc for centercaps. if all else fails ill make my own.

he said $100 and they are mine. so im gonna get them tomorrow. strip them, powdercoat, clear coat, and either use as a summer tire or turn around and sell :D

for 100 bucks i say go for it. definitely make some center caps though

You guys are talented if you can make them with the tight tolerances, very thin thickness(sounds contradictory). I guess you could get them on e-Bay and pay just as much for them as you did the wheels and tires.

You could not have posted this in the wheels section? facepalm.gif

yeah i forgot. could you move it for me? lol

wait...nvm you did already haha...hell i POSTED in here rofl

for 100 bucks i say go for it. definitely make some center caps though

i will. already have someone locally that will do it. i like stock wheel size or 15's. i like a meaty look. i figure this will allow me to sandblast and paint my steelies for some snow tires :D

You guys are talented if you can make them with the tight tolerances, very thin thickness(sounds contradictory). I guess you could get them on e-Bay and pay just as much for them as you did the wheels and tires.

i can get them for $3 a cap, stainless steel or CNC material of my choice

CNC machine and a few lines of g-code and youre done

yep yep thats the plan :D

i should have them tomorrow by noon and have pictures up. gotta go get them. i figured for $100 i could transfer the tires i have now and thats $25 a wheel...thats almost as cheap as steelies haha......ill have my BBS one day though, i will.

yeah i forgot. could you move it for me? lol

wait...nvm you did already haha...hell i POSTED in here rofl

i will. already have someone locally that will do it. i like stock wheel size or 15's. i like a meaty look. i figure this will allow me to sandblast and paint my steelies for some snow tires :D

i can get them for $3 a cap, stainless steel or CNC material of my choice

yep yep thats the plan :D

i should have them tomorrow by noon and have pictures up. gotta go get them. i figured for $100 i could transfer the tires i have now and thats $25 a wheel...thats almost as cheap as steelies haha......ill have my BBS one day though, i will.

You guys have CNC machines in your garages? Hell, I feel like Fred Flintstone. I just have hand tools. In fact if you have that kind of equipment why aren't you making your own wheels?

enkei eum-5..

i hate those wheels.

i love them. i love this look for a wheel.

wait are you saying its going to cost 25 a wheel to transfer the tires?

$3 a wheel for the center caps. $2 per valve stem. $1 per tire to transfer. so yeah...$25 after tax or somewhere around there. For all four wheels

You guys have CNC machines in your garages? Hell, I feel like Fred Flintstone. I just have hand tools. In fact if you have that kind of equipment why aren't you making your own wheels?

dude i wish i did. i would make my own wheels haha

No but the machine shop at my school does.

And so does the formula SAE team who I share my office with.

i hate you colt. thats just not fair haha.

you know what i fabricate with?

-welder

-tin snips

-plyers

-BFH

-body shapers

im getting ready to leave right now to go get these. so excited :D

how much of a fee are we talking? lol

anyway here they are. the tires are shot. he had junk ones put on there to protect the rims.

all of the rims have the clearcoat peeling but thats fine. im thinking either a repaint of the color they are, white, or subaru bronze. only scuffs are on the last rim,, i think its from the tire being put on but its barely noticeable. one rim also has some scratches on the inside..but o well, they arent deep and wont be noticed :D but for $100 i think i got a pretty good deal

000_2138.jpg

000_2139.jpg

000_2140.jpg

000_2141.jpg

Archived